NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

hey gangaroo...any progress on setting the Ham radio comms strategy for the High Sierra Run?

Views: 100

Replies to This Discussion

I think we need to talk to Josh and see what repeater is down there.. Bu tI believe there is a new repeater in the area..

There are a couple repeaters on the CARLA System that can be used i believe.

The main repeater is CARLA 22 which on a mountain top out of Hawthorne 

• 440.725+ 
  • Local tone 127.3(should be used around camp) 
  • Link 156.7 (transmits on the entire system 30 repeaters)

The back up repeater is CARLA 18 over at Topez Lake

• 443.475+
  • Local tone 110.9
  • Link 167.9

On the drive up CARLA 17 should cover most of the drive on the west side.

• 443.475+
  • Local 103.5
  • Link 151.4

Local Tones should be primarily used. Using the Link will keyup the entire CARLA system.

Josh should I use  the linked tone out of San Jose or will just hit #17 be good enough until I get to camp?

As long as your not having super long conversations using the link is fine. 17 won't reach into camp.

The linked system is designed to have people able to talk from reno to SLO, but understand there are other users.

Let me know when you are taking off and I'll monitor and chat with you some to get you used to the system. We can also use it to demo HAM radio to people who are thinking of becoming HAMs.

Is there one that will reach into camp? 

I am leaving Thursday night around 7ish from SJ once I pick up my friend Dave.  I am programming all the carla Freq in my Radio.  

You can have conversations on on the linked system. You just need to be aware there are other users on the system.

There are no independent that will reach in to camp on your drive up. Carla 22 is the only one that will reach camp and there is a link tone and a local tone. You will have to use the linked system on the drive up you just should not have long conversations on it.

You can call me tomorrow and I can explain it better over the phone.

Cool.. I will Give ya a call when I get home..  I put all the Local tones in my radio last night. I will also put in the repeter tones as well. I guess it makes sense to use the link tones on the drive up..

I almost called you this weekend to see if you wanted to hit up St John but then I realized that Ham Radio Outlet was not open on Sunday. I need a couple of things.. 

Talk to ya later..

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service