NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Here is my little nightmare that just happened tonight... would love some input and suggestions.

So I got the major 60k maintenance done on my FJ about 2.5 week ago. I took it to Toyota because I didn't have time to find someone cheaper or to do it myself. I got all the fluids changed out and the normal package they do. I also asked them to check my front CV's to see if they need replacing because the boots are pretty messed up and the new lift is too tall so the angles are pretty bad. I also asked them to not touch the UCA's as they are the Camburg's and I know they wouldn't put them back on correctly. The guy says no problem and even gave me a rental car for the day for free.

Flash forward to today (after wheeling for a day in Hollister and then today and yesterday in Tahoe) -- Before going wheeling, I was airing down and noticed the long bolts on the UCAs were loose. OI know for a fact I torqued those correctly when I installed them and they were fine before I brought the FJ in. Also, I'm driving down the freeway on the way home and a lady pulls up and says I have fluid flying everywhere. I thought maybe it was the AC and she just didn't know much about cars. So I drove down about 10 miles to get gas and check it out. I look underneath and there is fluid everywhere. I look at my rear diff and the top plug is missing... the dicks at Toyota didn't screw it back on correctly and it finally flew off on the way home.

Then I call AAA to get a tow and they said they won't cover the tow since my vehicle is modified. But the tow truck driver was really nice and drove me from Livermore to the dealership in Stevens Creek where I had the service done. He even marked up the bolts on the axles so I can check if they actually worked on them or not (they didn't check my CV's las time like I asked, so I don't trust these guys). He also gave me an extra copy of the receipt and said I could probably get Toyota to cover the cost of the tow since this is technically their fault.

So now I need these slapdicks to check the gears in the axle (and replace them if they are broken), replace the diff fluid, give me a new cap and put it on correctly, and also check the front CV's.

Sorry for the long post, just thought you guys would love to hear this story since I know you all hate the Stealership as well. Any suggestions or thoughts? I am going in right at 7am tomorrow morning to talk to them and hopefully get them to fix this all at their expense since it's their fault. I'm also not going to mention I went off-roading (and it's not like they can prove I did anyways). And I am also going to be doing all the work on the FJ myself from now on rather than being lazy about it.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dude that is not cool!

If you can't trust the Toyota guys who can you trust?

Maybe they need to train these guys on FJ's

I paid extra to have them put on my rack because I didn't have time and they had to do it twice and it still isn't perfect.

It's within spec but it never was quite perfect. Been tempted to re adjust myself but too lazy.

Sorry to hear this man.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service