NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

We should do something like this with Fj's!!!!!  

Views: 1228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be "far out man".

: )

sing me up!

Im In!!!

So do we have a date nailed down?

Why not this long weekend? Let's make this happen!

As stated earlier in this thread, with the Bay Bridge most likely being shut down this weekend, it would be hell on wheels for some East Bayers to get there.  Others stated weekends would be tough while some prefer Sunday if on a weekend.

I'd guess that to plan it for this weekend on the Wednesday prior would not lead to a good turn out, being such short notice.  Since this was Hoosier's original post, I am guessing some are waiting for him to set a date. This isn't really something that I'd feel comfortable doing on the fly.

Things to consider: we'd be basically alienating other tourists so it would probably be a good idea to plan everything out and look like we know what we're doing; Ray offered to be photographer (and we'd be stupid not to take him up on his offer as he is an amazing photographer!!!) so it'd have to fit his schedule; planning out a staging area, time, etc.  All it takes is someone who wants to be responsible for the planing to post up in the events section!

My two cents.

And those two cents make sense !

I don't mean to be Buzz Killington but one thing that came to mind, is SFPD going to have an issue with the street being blocked?

No need to block.  Just make sure everyone is in line with no other cars in between.  SOmeone can direct up top, and then have the picture taker at the bottom.  Nobody has to stop.

That makes sense.

i agree, if theres enough FJ's then this will be accomplished easily.  but im sure everyone wants a pictue with their car in it, so that may be the issue.

It's a 3 way stop at the top of lombard street. Lombard street going down the hill is 1 way so no stop there. We would have to get creative and be lined up on both lombard street and hyde street in order to alternate from the stop signs and keep a constant flow of fjs going down lombard street. I'm not saying it can't be done. Then you also have to allow for the tourist who doesn't think the no left turn sign on hyde street applies to him, and for pedestrians in the crosswalks. ( check it out on google earth street view)
Maybe we should talk to someone from critical mass, or the occupy protest, and see if they can help us organize this. They seemed always be able to do whatever they want in San Francisco.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service