NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

What : Cantina for the Con Kitchen help (making tacos) 

Where : Loon Lake spillway (one of the entrances to RUBICON trail )

When: Saturday Sept 3 - Sunday Sept 4

Start time: 10am Saturday morning 

More info:

Taco feed and raffle to support the Rubicon Trail Foundation's efforts to keep the Rubicon open year round for all to use.

Please support us with your financial donations or come and help with FOTR to work on the trail. Or do both!!

If anyone or their club/organization is interested in helping out with the Cantina this year.

This year a good friend of mine is in charge of this event and he needs help in the kitchen. We will need help with set up, food prep, cooking, serving (cafeteria style serving) and clean up. This is a two day event and people can and do camp overnight. Help will be needed for both days & we will try to work in shifts (maybe 3 or 4 hour shifts, not sure of this exact detail yet). You could always come out and work a shift and then spend some time enjoying the event as there will be venders and booths, of course there is always the raffle which will be held on Sunday. I believe you do not have to be present to win, but I will double check on that . 
         I told Jeff that I will be there for both days and work all day on each day (of course I do not expect anyone else to do that). I would really like to see a large showing form NorCal at this event to help out. Its a fun way to meet lots of new people and also great way to help out one of the most well known trails in the world. We (NorCal FJ's ) have a great reputation for showing up in mass to volunteer and I would like to make those #'s happen again for this event.  
   I know its labor day weekend, but we sure could use you there! 
NOTE:
This event is held at the Loon Lake trail head into Rubicon. Its paved road access all the way up to the spillway. So do not be intimidated or worry that you have to go out on the trail. I want to put that out there for anyone with a stock rig that wants to help. 
Please post up if you are able to help us out. I will keep a list of people on this thread and post up more info as it becomes available.
Volunteer list: 11

BZ
CA Annie (strong maybe)
Moab FJ  (strong maybe)
Esty
FJ Scout
OPG (strong maybe)
PB (strong maybe)
Divingirl 
Sonof40
Tater
Boss

Views: 290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bump again..

Please everyone who posted up that they would help please RSVP ont he event page..

HERE:
http://norcalfjs.com/events/cantina-fr-the-con

Ok I was asked some questions on the event page so I figured that I would end up posting the answers up here. The questions was what exactly needed to be done at the event. Wel I spoke to Jeff to day this is what we will be asking of all of you great volunteers out there.

WE will need people to help in the kitchen. This will included: Set up on Friday & Saturday, Cooking of the meat, making the tortillas, serving the food, tear down on Sunday, Possibly some garbage duty(ie empty the cans) and maybe some help with the raffle. It appears that we be needed mostly in the kitchen.  We are looking at having everyone work no more than four hour shifts each day. The times could be a little less but definetly not more than four hours..  It would be great if we could get you to help for both days but if you can only help out for one that works too. Camping will be avaiable on the Con itself just after the trail head.

This is a pretty big event so expect there to be lots of people. Please post up if you are able ot help out.

Thanks

Boss

Hey Boss,

Regretfully, I must change my commitment to the Con. My family has been hit hard by hurricane Irene, so I am making the journey back East to help out. I wish you all the best.
Scout.

Jake, I'm so sorry to hear the news.  I wish you and your family the very best and you a safe journey.  You will be missed this weekend.

Take care!

Sorry to hear that Jake.

Let me know if you need anything back here done while you are gone.

Bummer to hear dude! Hope all is ok !!

Thank you all for the kind replies and offers for help… what a GREAT group of folks!

I wish you all the best too… have a fun and safe weekend up there! Scout and I will miss you.

Best,

Jake

WOW what a great weekend!  Saturday was fun. I have honestly never cut and prepped so much food in my life. RTF was VERY thankful for all the help on Saturday. Jeff, Dave and Scott (RTF) were all impressed with the amount of people that came out just from a "web site".  They are a little old school, hehehehe.. 

I would like to thank 

DWH

Sonof40

Big Fish

BZ

Cowboy

Divin Girl 

PB

Tater

Everyone helped out with setting up, prep, and then serving the food ..  I am pretty sure the event was a big success, I will post # wen they know what was raised.. 

Thanks Nor-Cal cuz you all rock !!

I am sorry I didn't make it. Too many things at home got in the way of making it out.

Not a prob.. I know life can make it hard to get away..  There will always be next year.

Mr Boss73, Tater, PB and DivinGirl and others

Thanks for the tent spot. I now know I can not cut the dreaded radish with any speed and for more that two hours. I found out the DWH and I can apply various items to tacos upon request for hours. I can also cut the beef and the chicken with you guys and gal and the CHP for hours. Sorry I had to bail on Sunday for Chico. However, the peep and her roommates were provided the 1000s and 1000s of tacos story and the all about the High Sierra Soda Jerk. I was hoping Sunday was going as well as Saturday.

I had a great time. RTF puts on a great taco feed. Lots of cool trucks and gear around. I am in for next year if needed and wanted.
We need to look into getting that group campsite now... The one real close to the trail head.. As always a good time hanging out with ya Bill.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service