NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

John over at BoxTec in Alameda has graciously offered to weld BMC's for folks. He says that the 3rd of March (Saturday) is looking like a good day to do it, or possibly a later date.

If you'd like to get yours done he asks the following:

Have the cut done and the cap prepared. The cap material should be at least 10 ga (1/8") if not 3/16" steel. There is a template that works pretty well and BZ knows how it works.  If anybody still needs the BMC done, you should talk to BZ and have that done before the welding date. If its done right all it takes is a straight piece of flat bar.

Post up your name here and state if you only need the cap welded on, or if you need the BMC and the cap welding.

Thanks everyone, and thanks especially to Bozly !!

Views: 761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks bz... fixed.

as long as itz not booby chop^^

Count me in! I need mine welded up
I'll need the caps, I'm all for a weld party!

But who has the plasma cutter? I have also heard that with the proper wheel alignment (full caster) the body chop may not be needed.

no plasma cutter needed

How is the chop performed then?

with a sawz-all and a cut off wheel

bz   iam in on BMC and the cap welding  thanks for your help

need to set up a time ,day .  going to fremont wensday to get my revtek lift final torqe

get off work in scotts valley around 3.30  m/f 

much respect

keltic

So do we have a set date for this?

The third is looking good for me. I need to tune the welder up and get some wire this week but as far as I can tell now, Saturday will be A-ok.

Thanks Bozly !

And just a quick reminder - if you need the BMC done, please have that done before the 3rd - contact BZ to set that up.

If it's only the welding you need done, please have the cap ready / formed so Bozly only needs to weld it up.

Thanks everyone !!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service