NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey guys,

So I have roughly $3K to spend on a lift kit and tires/rims.  I was originally thinking about getting the radflo coilover lift for aroudn 1200 and then either some Hankook MT or BF Goodrich MT tires (preferable as big as i can go 295/75/16 or 285/75/16)  I figure either way I go I could get 5 tires for around 1300 or so.  that leaves me with 1700 for a lift kit and rims or just the lift kit.  I am ok with the stock rims (would love a set of black rims, but if it means i can get an awesome lift kit i am cool with that).  So my thoughts:

OME lift kit and get rims

Radflo lift kit and maybe get rims

or the Icon Stage 1 lift kit and possibly no rims

What do you guys think?  I would love to get some ideas on if you guys were to start all over from the beginning and are spending that money on the lift, tires, and rims what you would do differently or if you would do the same thing you did in the past.

ANY advice is great!  Thanks

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the best thing you could do is write a check to me for $3,000.

Since you probably won't do that, I have an Icon stage two lift and ProComp Extreme ATs. The only thing I would do differently is stick with stage one and get a cheaper UCA.

depends on the type of wheeling you intend to do, but most everyone will do fine with an OME lift kit. that being said, you'd be able to fulfill everything you want for your $3K and can always upgrade later if need be.

How are you doing on rock rails, skid plates and other protection? When i have money to spend it always ends up going in this order (at least that is what i tell myself!):

Maintenance

Protection

Functionality

Convenience

Luxury

OME shouild do just fine. Alot of folks have them. I went with ICON, but got Total Chaos UCA's. They are half the pride of ICON's UCA's, I'd still got the same way if I had to do it over again, unless I was much wealthier the first go around. I just now got new wheels & tires after a year with the lift & stock tires, but was amazed how well the FJ did offroad.
Thanks guys. I think the ome kit might be the way to go. Also, are upper control arms necessary? Don't really know the benefit/use for them. I figure if I did the ome I could do some upper control arms and still have some change for the tires and rims. As for rock rails I do have some. But no skids yet. Those will probably be the next thing to add on.

I had an OME 3" lift on my last rig, it was a great lift that still had a stock feel while on the road.  The OME lift doesn't require a set of UCA's.   As for the Hankook MT, I have a set on my rig now they are great for wheeling but they are wearing quicker than I expected.  I saw a nice set (5) of Moto Metal rims on the Blue board for $400. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/want-sell-fj-related-items/13...

Good luck.

I have a OME lift, budbuilt skids and tires after wheeling stock for a year. Also plan to have new rear LCA mounts welded on with new links.  I opted OME so I had more cash for other mods. What do you plan to do with your rig? That will give you a better idea for which mod to do first.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service