NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey guys,

A couple of my FJ buddies have asked me this. Mostly in regards to belts, bushing, special tools, etc. 

I would love some great input of what you carry for day to day, vs. trail gear. 

Thank in advance all,

R

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has this been touched on so far? I have a tire reamer and plug kit and always carry my Viair compressor. Takes very little room. Everything else I have read seems pretty fundamental. For trails rides I carry no other car parts, ie" belts ,lube, bushings." But I carry a hi-lift and all tools for winching/towing, ie snatch-block, extra straps, snatch-strap, shackles, etc, and I have needed those on occasion. Fire extinguisher is another obvious must-take. Plus first-aid kit and water,and flash-light, ok,ok,now I am repeating everyone else's list. :_)

Steve.

what i have daily and trails

high lift

shovel

loop tow straps (non hook)

tree hugger

extra car battery (cause i am lazy to set up my dual) 

extra tranny fluid

extra diff fluid

brake fluid

power steering fluid

coolant

oil

oil filter

grease

grease gun

silicon 

nuts 

bolts

tools that fit everything on the FJ

cv axles 

battery charger 

CB 

fire extinguisher 

first aide

poisonous animal aide kit

water (trail only) 

beer(TRAIL ONLY)

lugnuts 

tire patch kit 

cobra power invertor  

extra clothes 

and every where i go i carry my knife that  has a seatbelt cutter and glass breaker on it 

That's a great list RJ. 

Thanks,

R

Nice and comprehensive! Reminds me i need to pick up a shovel i keep putting it off  but need one.

Ok, I'll bite... Poisonous animal aide kit? Ya mean a snake bite kit, or...?

Ive been waiting to see who would catch that!
Honest i got lazy typing its a snake bite certain bug bite etc dillio basically a rubber hose to tie off and a scalpel.

I did forget one thing i carry, extra serp belt and spark plugs
I carry water. Glock 21, ar-15, 3 first aid kits, shovel, ax, space blankets, ammo, flares, leather gloves , tool set, latex gloves, rope, duck tape, winch accessories , hi lift, lighters, recovery straps ! Sounds about right!!
You're in CA??
I live in Oregon now!!!
I carry water. Glock 21, ar-15, 3 first aid kits, shovel, ax, space blankets, ammo, flares, leather gloves , tool set, latex gloves, rope, duck tape, winch accessories , hi lift, lighters, recovery straps ! Sounds about right!!

LOL unless i am going shooting i usually do not have my ar's in the car. But i would like to start carring my CZ PCR with me.

The Glock I get. I really should have mine. Legally, unloaded and locked I could carry it. But, as much as I'd like to carry my AR, CA law ( I used to live in NC. :() says you can ONLY transport an AR to and from a designated location of use. Range, home, gun store, etc. Not to the grocery store, etc. Total BS, but one ding against you for an AR related charge and NO guns for 10 years. 10 years. I had a rangemaster tell me that, so I'm watching ALL my p's and q's. 

If you have any more data I am missing please let me know. My AR's are lonely sitting at home every day...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service