NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hello All,

I've seen this thread on other forums, looks like fun...I'll get it started.

I drove my rig to work (first time I've had it out in a few weeks).  Took it in for a wash..

Views: 14585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few weeks ago when I was winching somebody over some snow drifts, I noticed my winch would not winch out under power.  When I got home, I diagnosed the problem: failed solenoid.   Called Superwinch and they sent me a replacement gratis.   Today I got it all re-installed (under the hood, where I had it before).    Decided while I was at it, I would relocate my control connector:

and use switched power for the connector since it's now externally accessible.

(guess my rig needs a wash :)

Just got PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors and pads installed on all 4 corners! Now I just need to find somewhere to break them in.. 

Got one ton axles for my FJ!!!! Time for lockers and gears!

Wow, I can't wait to see the finished product!

I installed my TRD CAI earlier today.  I've been wanting to add this ever since I installed my Borla XR-1 and All-Pro tailpipe a couple years ago.  It probably won't make a difference in performance, but it looks cool.

I added Hella Supertone horns and custom painted my engine and radiator covers.  I also added my own logos, which are negatives of the original black.  I made the logos from my vinyl plotter, spray painted, and then peeled away.

I finally got my FJ back after being the innocent party of a wreck. A Honda civic decided to bounce off of my front end, but the FJ held like a tank! No bumper yet, going tomorrow to get a custom one...

Nestor is here and we are working on 60K service for my rig. 

what all entails a 60k service?

Thanks for the info.

Don't get it done by Toyota. May have just been a one-time thing, but I took mine in and the mechanics were lazy and didn't torque my diff cap down, so it fell off while driving on the freeway. Lost almost all the fluid and was so close to shredding my gears. They fixed it up for free, but regardless that should never have happened. Especially considering I was wheeling deep in Tahoe and would have been stranded.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service