NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hello All,

I've seen this thread on other forums, looks like fun...I'll get it started.

I drove my rig to work (first time I've had it out in a few weeks).  Took it in for a wash..

Views: 14585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dave,

Let's see it.  Sounds awesome.

Yeah, you know the rules; "Pics or it didn't happen/you didn't do it" :)

Steve Hope.

Replaced my BudBuilt diff skid with a Boztec. The big difference is the attachment system at the rear - the Bud uses brackets and existing bolts, the Boz uses u-bolts and custom brackets around the axle tubes.

I'm keeping the Bud, too.

nice!

Got a 65 quart Pelican cooler. It's a bit larger than most coolers.

That's the Mrs., comfortably sitting in the box.

There are 3 larger sizes of Pelican coolers available.

Nice that thing is huge i like it. I will have to look into the 45qt dimensions to see if it would fit where i want to put it as an alternate to the Yeti i am planning on. I love me some pelican kool aid.

With Nestor's help, ICON Stage 1 and DO aluminum rear bumper.

Nice, is the bottom of the bumper flat to allow high-lift use? Thx.

Steve Hope

Sorry Steve, missed this.  Yes, it's flat underneath.  Actually, new bumper has no bottom - rests on top of stock bumper/frame leaving bottom exposed for hi-lift use. 

Added Warrior axe and shovel mount as well as offset spare mount to accommodate the 36" rubber... Here we are at Pinnacles National Park Saturday all geared up! 

Warrior sparre mount helps spare clear rear bumper-although cutting off the centering tab on the stock mount was a pain with a hack saw! 

The axe and shovel mounts ONLY work on rear of stock rack and instructions should have stated as it would have saved me a bunch of time (in the 90 degree heat) moving the mounts and refitting shovel and axe several times on the side before I moved them to the rear and bingo! 

Looks good! Which rack mounts did you get? I just got a shovel and am waiting on the axe to show up and I need somewhere to put them.. I was thinking something like this: 

But my shovel is too big

That's sweet inside the door-I'm using the Warrior Products mounts.

SS

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service