NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey all,

The wife and I spent this past weekend in Yosemite.  Did a couple of hikes, hit the major tourist traps - the awanee, inspiration pt, etc.  On our way out of the park sunday afternoon, I decided to stop at the bottom of El Capitan for a few minutes to watch the rock climbers.  There was a bunch of activity where I stopped, several telescopes and high powered telephoto lense equipt cameras.  Even a video crew.  Low and behold, about 1/4 the way up El Capitan is none other than Steve Wampler!!!  Steve told us about his plans for this climb when we were at his camp in August.

For those who don't know him, Steve is the founder of the Wampler foundation which runs a summer camp for disabled kids that some of us here at Nor Cal FJs have helped out with for the past three summers.  Steve has a severe form of Cerebral Palsy and will be the first person with CP to scale el capitan.  In talking to his friends and family who were there this weekend supporting him, I was told the climb will take him 4-5 days.  It was totally exciting to watch Steve and his team through the binoculars. 

For more information on Steve and his climb, check out wamplerfoundation.org.

I didn't get a picture of steve, my camera is not that good, but here's a shot of his van parked at the base of mountain.

ROCK ON STEVE!  What a truly amazing guy.

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And here I'm complaining about how I cant do this cant do that...here's Steve doing making the impossible possible and inspiring not only me but everyone else that knows about this. Seriously I'm glad I join this NorCal group. I've learned and see to appreciate everything that surrounds me thanks guys/gals.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service