NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Greetings all,

Does anyone know the total vehicle height of an FJ with a 3" lift AND a BajaRack installed?

The two items above are on the wish-list, so I'm just curious if I'm going to be able to fit into the parking garage at work!

Thanks!

G

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PB, Bozly and Mrs Bozly have that same set up.. I am sure one of them will post up..

Altthough now that I think about it they may all be down in San Dog....
Highest point on the rack it is 83" total.
Heading SD in the morning early
Thanks!

Ha ha... this might be a close one! The clearance posted at my garage entrance is 6'10" (82"). Hmmmm.... what to do?!?!?
you can air-down each time you enter the structure
hydraulics.
ha ha Nice.

I think I'm going to have to break out my tape measure and go measure the garage myself. Maybe they're just being conservative.
We've got the same setup, too.
I knocked down the height pole at my Kaiser... very embarrassing :(
You could check out the Gobi Stealth rack, it should be a few inches shorter (and double the Baja cost...)

I noticed when going to SFO that the short term parking is 6'6" clearance, wtf? Who makes structures so small :(
Fortunately international terminal is 7" (or 8'6")
I just measured mine, 33" tires, 3" Icon lift, and Bajarack, at the peak it measures just under 80 inches. In reality it is 79 and 3/4 inches which matches since my garage door is 80" and I can fit through without touching it.

I can fit my FJC in the Int'l Terminal garage at SFO and short term parking at SJC. My radio antennae is taller than my rack so I just watch it, if it hits anything I know I need to back out or be very careful going forward.
Thanks PB! You give me hope!

g
I'd say most garages are conservative with maximum heights. My wife went into the Metreon garage here in SF. She didn't realize the ski racks were on top and she hit the warning bars. All of a sudden there was a guy on the loud speaker yelling at her telling her the car is too big, lol. Needless to say, she wasn't too happy.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service