NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

So I bought some front OME light coils and I was about to buy the struts from Metal Tech and the guy recommended I get UCAs since the lift is over 2" and he said that it can cause the FJ to drive poorly on the road without aftermarket UCAs. But he also said some people have never had problems with keeping the stock UCAs.

Money is tight for me right now, so I'm trying to find out if I really need the UCAs or not. What are your thoughts on this? And if yes, I should get them, anyone know of any good deals right now (Light Racing or Camburg preferrably)?

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've run mine with a lot of highway driving for 40 thousand miles with no issues. Deer valley, slickrock, and The Rubicon in three weeks have taken their toll. On the flip side my OME shocks without new UCAs did not cause me any issues at all. If they were softer I might just go with OME again. Since I need a whole set of shocks I'm shopping, but I still don't know that I'll buy UCAs this time around either.
So what are some good .5" pucks to get for the front? I'm just trying to make the whole FJ level.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service