NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey all

I went out for my annual pilgrimage to Moab for Cruise Moab 2011. Did a number of trails, Hell's Revenge, Hell's Gate, Behind the rocks, and Poison Spider Mesa. Drove home in one day -- no fun!

Here's some pictures from ih8mud -- Woody was with us on the Hell's revenge run

http://gallery.ih8mud.com/thumbnails.php?album=99&page=10

Views: 460

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cool! thanks for posting, Ross! i was wondering if anyone from NorCal attended. i like the first photo...nothing but sky!
Nice!   I would be crapping my pants if that was me in the first picture.
that passenger tire is getting alot of air
Honestly, there is about 6 feet under the tire. the actual bottom is hidden by the rock.

the first photo was at the "tipping point" a little farther and it would have been over.  Fortunately, the guy spotting is someone I've wheeled with for years. He was actually spotting via a ham radio from the side (he's the lowest person, middle of the picture). I was with the Trail Teams when they ran it in 08, but I didn't feel like doing it then (too new, no lift, etc). A little farther up I was leaning on my Damello's (with the kick out) -- had I not had those, I probably would have laid the side into the rocks.

It's a fun run, but it does have "pucker" factor.

Hi Ross

How was behind the rocks. Thinking about that trail inJuly when I go back.

Behind the rocks was a good trail. I would bypass around upchuck, but it is do-able with good spotting. We were short on time due to some mechanical issues in the group, so we got to launchpad (?) and turned around

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service