NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hello all! So I'm curious and have read many threads on the topic, but most seem to deal with logistical possibilities and not opinion and experience. I've been running Mickey Thompson MTZ in 305 for some time & they'll be done after this season most likely. I have LOVED those tires, but now I'm faced with a dilemma. Go to 315 or stick with 305? I know some of you run one or the other some have run both. I have also looked at all the regear arguments. What I'm wondering is which do you prefer if you have run both? There are always trade offs I know, but I've done the BMC and don't have much plastic mud flap left after the Rubicon last summer. Im running Radflo shocks front and rear now. The Rubicon left me wishing I had a little more clearance underneath (and a locker up front) and I know more rubber is the next way for me to get that unless someone wants to donate an inchworm lefty and a tummy tuck... Anyway, please share your thoughts, likes vs dislikes, past frustrations, etc. I drive the FJ daily but keep it for the days I drive away from the pavement... Thanks, I value your opinions and insights!

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I have 35's on now and at the end of the day there is really no appreciable ride height difference. They are wider which helps having more rubber on the ground but they are heavier too which means the gas milage suffers a little more. They are not very good in the sand either, just not quite enough HP to turn them and do crazy stuff, you'll get thru no problem but steep hill climbs and rainbows on the dunes suffer greatly. And yes I did re gear to 4:56 but wish I would have gone to 4:88 instead for a few different reasons.

Which reasons?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service