NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I looked under my rig the other day and realised that the skid plate up by the engine is all bent up..... Should I worry about this or is all well?  If it's bad,  is there an aftermarket that I could replace it with.  Check out the pics, one of the bolts literally ripped through the skid.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what would you suggest buying?
it really depends on what kind of wheeling you are going to do. if you plan to run trails like Deer Valley, Slick Rock or anything rated higher, definitely go with something beefier. if not, go with something like Ricochet or stick with stock skids. also depends on how often you plan to run those trails as well.

i still like Buds and will most likely buy another set, but i've also got my eye on some other models.
If you decide on Buds, he can also make them in stainless steel even though it's not listed on his website. That's what I'm leaning towards, someday.
that's pretty cool news, K...did he give you info on pricing?
Tater, A Bud Build group buy??? I heard that if you order 1 or order 5 the shipping cost is the same.
possibly...we've done two mini-group buys in the past, but wasn't sure what the demand would be after that.
Marty posted in the blue about getting Buds in stainless. At the time they were $1185 for 4 peices and $1375 for 5 peices. Significantly more than regular steel, but should last longer. Now that I'm looking at the price difference again, I don't know if it's worth the cost, 65% higher.
I still have my OEM skids though they were painted "RED" but I can re-paint them with "Satin Black"
If you want them, just pick them up in Vallejo and bring a case/12- bottle of San Miguel pale pilsen beer.

PM me for address/directions.
Nester I might be interested in the skid, I also ordered the Matte Black Hood Decal so maybe Ill grab a case and we could make a weekend of it?
That works for me. Pick a weekend and I'll confirm my availability.
Guys,

I am down to host at my place (Pleasanton) kinda in the middle... Willing to help out and we can BBQ...Perhaps a mini-install day. I have a Boztec CB mount, Cobra 75, Firestick..blah, blah. Let me know what you think.
John
that could work. John I literally just left Boz's shop and installed his CB mount... pretty easy install. I still have the antenna and wiring to do for my Midland CB, so Nester maybe you can teach us a thing or two with the wiring?!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service