NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

So my FJ was at Toyota for a front/rear diff gasket replacement due to fluid leakage and after the parts have been received by Toyota they opend up the 3rd member and pumkin to get the gaskets in and they found my ring/pinion had 3 busted teeths and the pinion had chips so after speaking with the Toyota adviser he told me all work will be WARRANTED.. :-) Lucky I did not blow my gears on the trails and this had been found while at the dealers hand. I went to Toyota to look at the rear and got out of the elevator and found the FJ all apart.. I was like wow wish I already had 4:56 gears so they can swap it, it was nice of C/T to show me how the gears look and let me take pictures and the following is a pic of the rear gears that got busted.

UPDATE 9-23-09
Went to Toyota to drop off new front wheel spacers and the new 3rd member came in and alread been installed just waiting for other parts to be put back togeth. Picture of new 3rd member is below and a.s I have notice that the rear lockers have been replaced. :-) whoo hoo...

(UPDATE 9-17-09)
Spoke with the Toyota adviser and said that my FJ will not be ready till Sept 25th.. :-( due to the 3rd member that is coming from the East Coast. Good thing they gave me a loner last Friday and been driving a Prius it was fun driving it but I went in and picked up a V8 4x4 4Runner for my trip this weekend...

The newrrear end:

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey I broke way more teeth off... but no warranty for me which ended up 456 with an arb in the front that helped at Rubithon. Since I was paying there was no way I would put the same junk back in, had to go with different junk but beat the crap out of them trying to keep up with 2 sas fjs and yodaman on Rubithon.
Attachments:
Nice pic...

After finding out that the teeths on the gears broke off I was already thinking 4:56 and getting my insurance to cover the bill, but my contact at Toyota said it was going to be covered under warranty..:-) I would love to have 4:56 on the truck..
Be careful with an ARB on the front.. that is a major failure waiting to happen.

I wheeled Rubicon with MTBCoach last year and he went with the ARB and 4:56 gears. He says he gets a certain amount of pucker factor every time he locks the front.

I am saving my pennies for a SAS in a few years. Sol got it right.
Can't wait to have the FJ back should have it by Thursday Sept 24th lates Friday Sept 25th....
Finally got the FJ and it is back to normal..:-)
High Five!
yup HIGH FIVE...
congrats...must be nice to have it back!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service