NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I think I'll head up to Downieville and run around in the hills up there for a couple of days. Check out the fire lookout, Devil's Postpile, ghost towns/cemeteries, and historic mines.

If you are in the area, I will be driving a mostly stock white FJ Cruiser. Probably get gas at the 76 station around 10AM. Monitoring 2m 146.520, 146.460.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good morning Scott,

My wife and I just picked up an FJ a couple days ago and are looking for an adventure and your plan looks like a lot of fun. We're unfortunately booked this morning but might be able to meet later today or tomorrow. A am a ham but do have any radios with me right now. Is there another way for me to find you?

Alan

Hi,

Congratulations on your new FJ. Unfortunately, the only other way to find me is by visual contact, as I do not have a cell phone. If you do not come out today, I would suggest getting an El Dorado National Forest map and just head out and get to know the main routes. Be sure to also get the vehicle use map at the ranger station as there are many road closures in the forest right now. Or get a map of any area you are interested in and start exploring. If you do come out today, just drive around the area and explore...if we see each other, then great, but if not, just have a great time.

Keep an eye out for other trips listed in the forum, and I will be sure to message you if I am heading out in the future; I usually get out in my FJ at least twice a month. I often don't post my trips here as they are usually spur-of-the moment, but since you are close by, I will shoot you a private message, even on my late notice trips.

Enjoy,

Scott

Scott, thanks for all the info!  I'm still going to try to make it out later today or tomorrow, but I just got roped into helping a friend this morning.

BTW, our FJ is the Cement monocolor.

I'll also look for my radios -- I just moved to El Dorado Hills and I haven't unpacked everything yet.

Thanks again for all your help!

Alan

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service