NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I am planning a three day camping trip out to Pismo Beach with my wife 7/30 to 8/1 and was wondering if any of you know any good trails on the way down there (I will be leaving from San Francisco).  I looked up a few in the area down there but it is hard to get a good idea of the intensity of the trails from the sites I found them on.  Here is what I am looking for:

- nothing too hard or crazy.  I have a stock FJ (with the offroad package) with no trail riding experience.

- I dont want a dirt road though.  I am looking for something that is an ideal place for a beginner to test out the various functions (A-Trac, Rear diff Lock, that sort of thing)

- Something that would be good to go solo.  I don't have anyone coming with so I dont want something that i would get stuck and be screwed.

Anyway, thanks for the help in advance.  Also, if anyone will be in the area that weekend, I would love to meet up with some fellow NorCal-ers.

Thanks,

Kyle

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya i saw all of those trails on trails.com.  It has some decent reviews but it doesnt really tell you how intense they are.  For example they will give a trail a difficult rating but then say that a high clearance 4wds are recommended but a two wheel drive high clearance will work.  That seems to not make much sense to me haha. 

I also was looking into those Big Sur trails, but I want something a little more fun than a dirt fire road! haha.  Thanks for the information.  It was greatly appreciated!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service