NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Oregon Back Country (Discovery) Trail....Anyone Interested?

We are heading up to Washington in July and recently discovered this trail.

http://www.oohva.org/Back%20Country/BCDRmain.html

We have been talking about  trying to get in at least four days on the trail, but nothing is set in stone as of yet. Just wanted to put this out and see if anyone is interested in joining along. This would be the first time on this trail for us, but FJScout is interested in going and has been on it a few times. We were thinking the week of July 9th, as that would allow time for those looking to head to the Summit. We would be heading up to Seattle to visit family following the run, then back in time for AllCal.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely interested!
I'm keeping an eye on this! Would like to do this before visiting a friend in Lake Oswego in Oregon.
Potentially interested as well. Should have my trailer by then and this would be an expedition to go on!
Still interested as well.
Quick Update:
We will be in Portland Oregon first week of May. We plan to check up on various parts of the OBCDT to gauge levels of how well they are cleared from the rath of this past winter.

Will post updates
Interested parties please continue to post to NekGuda's thread.
Hope the news is a good one. Have a good trip!
Well, after much thought and countless calculations we have decided that due to a number of reasons, July is a busy month (AllCal, Rubithon, Moab, FJ Summit), Gas Prices!, the weather (last I heard they were talking at least late July before the trail is expected to be open), and a couple unexpected expenses, we are going to have to put this trip off until further notice. If anyone does decide to still go, take lots of pictures! We do think this will make a great experience and hopefully we can plan something in the future.

I too have put off my CO, UT, WY, MO, ID, OR trip.  Perhaps next year!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service