NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Well after many years of wanting to build my own OBHS heat exchanger i finally did.As i found out it was alot harder then i anticipated.After many designs in my head and on paper and after building 6 prototypes and testing.I setteled on one that i was really happy with.As i found out real soon copper is really expensive :( But the results are well worth it for me.The heat exchanger is made out of 2" copper tubbing and is 12" long and has 20' of tubbing inside the 2" tube.The water has to pass 3 times inside the 2" copper tube before it goes out to the shower head.That is only running the water thru the heat exchanger only once.I spliced the OBHS exchanger using the bottom hose coming out of the FJ heater.The OBHS exchanger heats supply water 59F up to 120F with the FJ at only 1500rpm.Still working on a flip up shower arm from my ARB bumper.Let me know what you guy's think

Views: 1795

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Dom :) I had fun at Hollister Hills that day.we need to try and go more often

what is the address of the meeting point?

1924 Willow Street
Alameda CA, 94501

Will you also be there? I need an advice for the drawers in the cargo area!

the gate to get in is at 2100 Clement Ave. Alameda, Ca

i might swing by i wanna see how this all works

I had fun seeing you guys today. And thanks manoweb for going and letting me test both hot shower units.also don't wait to long to see what that oil is leaking from.look forward to taking to you guys soon.

Oh yes, I have few projects going on but I will take a look at the shower (used to be much hotter than that) and at the leak. In fact I will need to clean the engine throughly.

Good to see everyone today.   Those shower set ups are super nice!

X2.

Let me know if you guys are doing anything on Thursday or Fridays for the rest of the month.i have those days off and would look forward to any trips to Hollister Hills or mod days and hanging out for the day.
Thanks cowboy :)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service