NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I'm leaning towards ordering amsoil, and then doing the oil change myself ( actually ... I'll need help .. LOL ) ...

But has anyone used Amsoil? like it? Prefer something else? Any input would be great.  Thanks!

- JB

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to talk to RJ Amsoil about ordering. It will be a week or so.

Keep me posted.

My filter location is topside visible. I'm also considering the other two, tranny & differential, if those are easily doable.

Engine oil is easy to do, even if I leave it all night dripping down to completely drain. The diffs require more time, it also depends on the tools you have etc

I recommend installing a Fumoto Valve while you have the drain plug out. It will make all  your oil changes much easier and you won't need to worry about gaskets.

http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/searchresults.asp?cat=187

http://www.amazon.com/Fumoto-F-103N-Engine-Drain-Valve/dp/B003UT822...

+1 :) The fumoto is a must, I cannot conceive a car without it!

Thanks guys! I'll look into it. I'm learning this stuff first time around. RJ Amsoil is gonna help me change all fluids. I'll pick his brain on the drain valve etc., and if he's familiar with swapping one out.

You will have to place the order for the Fumoto soon, and you will be able to use it next time you change the engine oil.

Did the switch to Amzoil in both trucks (FJC and 80) and I am very happy with the switch.. I worked with RJ and he is a stand up guy to do business with.

That's who I'm working with. I've got a tentative appointment for early September ... if I don't lose my job. But right now, it's not looking good .... sigh.

why thank you Boss!

I am sure your rigs thank you as well ;)

Hi RJAMSOIL, do you think the correct fluids for the FJ are correct when I say:

(from a thread on the blue room)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service