NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey all,

I'm originally from Los Gatos but went to UCLA and got stuck in SoCal due to work location. I'm running a mostly stock 2010 AT army green, with lots of mods, but all non-performance related so far (you know, the storage racks, electrical system tie-ins, recovery gear mounting, outside accessories, TG sliders, etc.)

But to get to the point, I'm gonna be home and hiking up around Big Basin Redwoods this weekend and was hoping to get some wheeling in. Are there any good trail runs in the area that someone can recommend/ give me a link to/ map of/ etc.? 

And no, I am not an interwebs newb--- I spent many hours reading through forum posts, searching online, browsing trail sites and ih8mud, etc, but to no avail. 

Can some nice Norcal FJ be of assistance?

PS I'm also down for anything in the general vicinity of Los Gatos, Almaden, San Jose, etc because I have heard rumors of some trails in the hills there (I used to live in that area but didn't have a 4x4). 

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only 4x4 testable areas in the vicinity are OHV parks:
Hollister Hills
Frank Raines
Cow Mtn.
Check the web for locations
Welcome to the Forum.
Well I know of those ones. I was just thinking more of some rugged roads/ trails as well, not necessarily for wheeling around and trying things out, but maybe just some mountain road trails. If there are none its fine, I just always find that my favorite trails are the type that you find in books like the Adler series. However, maybe there are just none?
If there are any, I haven't found them yet and no one I've talked to knows of any on public land.
That's unfortunate. OK thanks anyway then guys. Either I'll head on over to Hollister Hills or just forget about it for the weekend. I'm gonna be in the Sierras in a few weeks anyway and was planning to do Red Rock and some of the mine trails near Alabama Hills, so I guess I can just be patient :)
There are a few. I have been on at least one, but would not advise it. Most of these roads are private property and come with a fine if caught. Besides that.... Santa Cruz is Hippie Nation. Do Not give them more ammo to shut more stuff down.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service