NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hi, I am writing a program to read out the OBD-2 info out of the FJ and display on a computer, using a 13$ interface bought on ebay. I now have various parameters like speed, RPM, temperatures of intake and coolant, MAF etc etc

Do you know if there is any non-standard PID that may be of specific to the FJ (or Toyota) that can deliver interesting information?

I am NOT trying to do an application do "clear codes" or deal with any engine malfunction. Only to get and display data as if it was an "extended" dashboard.

Thanks!

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I threw P2772 yesterday and had a chistmas tree light up that would not go away.

I had hit the 4 low trick switch to see if VSC was disabled, did a sideways burn out into the trail head, landed kind of hard sideways and had to do the whole trail without a-trac. Cleared the code Sunday morning and everything seemed to work fine for 600 plus miles home including about 10 miles of trail run.

Anybody have the specifics of P2772? we looked it up and it wasn't very clear what it was.
I do not know much about error codes, I am sorry :(
But the problem is basically the same: unfortunately Toyota (like every other manufacturer) seems to be very unwilling to give out description of those codes or a list of "proprietary" PIDs like I was requesting in the original post. And they keep their secrets very well, because I cannot find anything even on the internet or on pirate websites etc...
Look on the blue room. I thgouth at one time someone had posted the code Numbers...
Hey Boz I did some research and this is what I found:

P2772 - Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Low Switch Circuit Range/Performance

This make sence because you could not engage A-TRAC..

Could have been a sensor (in the transmission ?? or transfer case??) that was not happy and threw the code to the computer.. Not real sure what could have happened, but I figured that I would at least let ya know what I found..

Hope this helps..

Sorry for taking over the thread..

Boss
We thought it may have been a wheel sensor but after reading something similar to what you found that Idea went out the window.

Maybe I'll try to replicate it, without the goofy landing, in a dirt lot sometime soon.

Sorry for the hijack but people talking about codes probably know something about codes so I thought I'd try.
what hijack :) I'm only sorry I cannot help :(
This is an early screenshot of the application. The graphics may change a lot in the final version :)
Attachments:
Looks cool so far. If I were making it, which I'm not, I'd try to make the indicator bars change color on certain thresholds. Blue below a certain value, green within normal expected range, red above expected range. Just an idea, so you can see at a quick glance without having to read the numbers.
Yes. Right now they do not change color, but I did think to something like that. Next step would actually be having "gauges" and "dials" instead of simple bars, but for now this was easier.

By the way this screenshot was taken when the application was NOT connected to the car, that is why everything is at zero or so.
Hey Manoweb, that looks fantastic!

Completely coincidentally, yesterday I thought I'd investigate a bit around ODB and ended up going for a goLink.

A bit about my thought process over here:
http://marumushi.com/news/obdresearch

What are you writing your app for?

I have this 'crazy' idea thinking that the iPad is going to be the perfect car-computer; super slick 9.7 inch touch screen + gps + 3G conenction, what else can you ask for? I'm ready to throw away my radio and figure out a way to install one of these permanently on my dashboard.

I'm mostly interested in doing the UI design and data visualization work, and if anything good comes out, throw the app to the app store; and if the app is really good, maybe charge a little bit for it.

Is this something you'd be interested in collaborating with?

cheers!

.m
mh
My idea was a bit different actually... now I'm at work and I am not supposed to put too much time on social sites :) so I will explain better later. Where do you live? Do you want to have a look at the system? I could actually use some advices.

PS calimero, interesting nickname
yes, I would love to take a look at that!
I live in SF, but could probably meet up anywhere in the bay area.
Even getting together for just some brainstorming would be awesome.
for the next 4 - 6 weeks, weekends work better for me.
Let me know when and where is a good place for you.

.m

ps. have you ever seen Calimero the cartoon? Lol, that thing is so old I doubted anyone would ever recognize it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service