NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Greetings. Being brand-new to both the FJ and Wheelin'... Anyone have any thoughts on what they would consider ESSENTIAL…?? Talking equipment and mods here.

Also, can anyone recommend any beginner trails near the SF Bay Area on which to cut one's teeth?

Thanks!

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Snowy trail: Near Mormon Emigrant Road any time in the winter.
Chians: Depends on the situation, I would generally go with none for on/off road driving. If you really feel you need them I would try something like:
http://www.bb4wa.com/articles/Chains.htm
Cheers.
Iron Mt is Mormon Imagrant Trail, and I frequently go up during the winter months. The road is not plowed at all but kept open for wheelers and snow mobiles. The challenge, to make it from Sly Park all the way across, I haven't been able to yet, snow gets deep back there.

Chains? Don't need chains if your 4wheel drive. On or off road.
Don't need chains? Well I guess California is not really the place to go look for a lot of snow :)
Thanks Everybody.

Hi-Lift, recovery strap, and d-rings are on their way.

It will probably be a month or two before I can get away and get out on the trails, but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any experience with the 3M paint protection film? Is it worth it? Should I even care/bother?
hehe paint :-). You'll go one of two ways on it:

1. Avoid sctaching it and drive yourself nuts on the trail
2. Learn to live with pinstripes!

I consider them badges of courage, there is a lot of manzanita on the trail...and it is not paints friend!
Bottom line..

If you don't want a scratch, then don't wheel it...

No matter what something will jump out and get ya.. LOL
Ha ha... that's kind of what I assumed. :-)
The first scratch / dent is the hardest....especially if your making payments :)
Make sure you order a hi-lift wheel mate for your hi-lift. Without rockrails, or bumpers there is no place on a stock FJ to use a hi-lift without causing body damage.
How about canisters ? Which brand/model do you have and recommend ?
Also, how do you protect the canisters from being stolen while on the roof rack ?
This is how I protect my rig !
Attachments:
Thats just funny right there.

Last time we saw him at the install and greet day he was just walking around all day like that.. LOL

Jim is kind of strange... But nobody says that to his face.......heheheheheheheheeeheehe

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service