NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Ive been looking around alot.....ive been running BFG A/T 285 65 18 and they were great tires but their expensive. so im thinking about the NITTO Trail Grappler M/T. So whats the word fellow FJ drivers.

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is it better to get E rating? There's such a price difference between E and the next one down (which is S, I believe?).
E i believe is way heavier than usual
E rated tires are generally for heavier vehicles and for towing. Not to say E rated tires shouldn't be used with the FJ. The GY MTR's I had were E, and were stiff as hell...and you could feel it on road. THe KM2's I have now are D rated, which are much more forgiving on road. I think an E rated tire would be acceptable if you ran a little less pressure in them on road.
Hey Ray, Are the K2's AT or MT. I am trying to decide on tyres for my truck.
BFG KM2's are mud/rock tires
They're MT's and they're for sale too! About 4k miles on them, practically new. Let me know.
I would also look into Supper Swamper LTBs for $167 you can get them in a 34" tire. Which is perfect for almost anything. They are 34/10.5/17 which makes them a Pizza Cutter. Great for snow, mudd, sand... just about anything. If I had a Grand I would buy these in some 35s. Oh and if Discount Tire Can get them, they will match the advertised price and if you go through the blue room, you may also get a discount.
ARGH...I hate this cant decide what tires to get...DT, DynaPro MT, what else is there...so many to choose from.
There's always using the Ro Cham Beau method of decision-making.
lol...well I will decide when y check gets in...hopefully I get a good one
Yo I think I just posted up about these in another thread. I have the Nitto's Terra grapplers. On my second set and they are great on road. They put up with a lot of punishment from me both on and off road in all situations. Got a guy in the south bay who does them for me for a good deal. Pacific tire outlet. I think they were going for 220 a tire and I got them for roughly 170 ish. I cant remember exactly but hold up really good. They only problem I had with them was white rock in hollister. They ate em up pretty good but I had already had put 32,000 on them so... They do fine when they are newer obviously. Handle great on road. I drive like BZ so.... I drive my FJ like a Formula racer.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service