NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Major damage to my FJ at SnT any good Body/suspension shops???

Hello Guys,

As many of you know, I uncured significant damage to my rig at SnT  when I "Lawndarted" on Friday night. I didn't see the crest of the dune and drove straight off the dune at 15-20 MPH...  here's the damage report:

Both fenders bulged in the engine compartment.
The driver's side door will not open due to the fender being pushed into the door.
The passenger Side makes a loud pop noise due to the fender being pushed into the door.
The ARB front bumper is bent and the skid plate was torn off the bumper itself.
Because the rear end landed so hard...the axle is tweaked out like a butterfly /---\.
There are other issues...

State Farm is working with the body shop to come up with an estimate.  I believe that State Farn is going to fully cover this accident...whewww only $500 deductible.

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it was a 2-3foot drop off heading east. i wasn't going fast, i didn't see the drop off and the quad nose dived. quad hit, right hand came off the handle bar and the left fingers didn't, hand snapped back braking the wrist... nothing spectacular besides seeing the entire event in slow motion of what looked like at the time my fingernails touching the forearm.. but i never fell off the quad, pretty much just landed wrong... my name is unlucky... i can't seem to win in life... i didn't want to thread jack.
Bryan, That sucks man, hope you have a quick recovery.
I have some of the same issues. I can open my doors, but they pop. My inner fender walls are screwed. I'm going with fiberglass fenders, so hopefully I can fix my enough to weld on some sheet metal plates.

My biggest issue is my engine. It is leaking oil. When I endoed, my front bottom end hit pretty hard. I have the MAF skid plate, but the skid plate hit the third member, and something got pushed into the aluminum park of the skid pan which is right above the small metal skid pan.
BozTec is working on a reinforcement for the inner fenders I will report back as soon as I can.....
Good thing you're covered... everything looked fine when i saw you down 680 on the way back... Tell me about pismo. I learned my lesson last year..haha
Hey Camel, Dude your rig is sick! what size shoes? 37"? Man your tires stick out pretty far on your rig...in the rain you were shooting a lot of water...no tickets? I have a set of brand new Bushwackers I need to get rif of because they do not fit my ride because of the Fab Four Rear bumper.
I am running 345/75 ~ 36.5. Honestly i am not interested in bshwackers but how much are you asking for them?
BTW your ride is nicely built :)
yo camel, we saw you on the way home get pulled over, speeding???
no... tinted windows and no mud flaps... like what tahoe said.. shooting water... its alright though, i told the officer that i was gonna follow u guys but he laughed...u were going fast dude.
Ok So, State Farm wants to total out my truck...not sure what they are going to offer me...should know more by the end of the day. Looks like a may have a few options.

1. Take the cash depending on how much they offer me and what I can take off the FJ and reuse or sell.
2. Take the money to repair the FJ and get a salvage title.
3. Insist that they repair the FJ back to normal...without a salvage title.

Any advise? I may have a bunch of parts for sale soon...

John
Thats a bummer if you have to total it out.. Of course I am sure there wil be lots of people to buy your mods if you sell them...

salvage title can present problems in the future when and if you want to sell your FJ

Forcing them to fix it may just increase Monthly $$
If they give you a fair amount of $$$$--take it and run. Start fresh or by an already built FJ and maybe come out ahead. I would guess to by back from Ins as salvage would be at least couple grand. I'm sure you can sell a l lot of parts off it but is it worth the hassle. Do you have the space for a "yard car"?

What would be nice is if you can get a new FJ to use as your DD. Buy back the salvage title and build a trail only FJ. Gut the inside, full cage, SAS if that is your thing.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service