NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

1965 M416  Military trailer that needs work.  I was thinking of lifting it, putting some shoes on it painting it all black to match my rig...then I am thinking of adding some "wanted" accessories. Any suggestion on cheap alternatives for lifting the trailer...I really need someone to take a look at the axle, bearings, shocks and leaf springs. Hoping to keep this project under budget. 

John

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice! The trail looks pretty clean.

what are you doing tonight? I'll come by and take a look...
Chillin, BZ...come on down!
I'm on my way...

That sure looks like an M416.. Bearings are a snap and can be found at a local Napa (thats were I went). I took and onld one in and they matched parts #'s . I believe they are bearings for a jeep. Looks pretty sweet. 

As far as lifting I believe spring over is what lots of people have done.  Looks like a nice trailer. WOw everyone is getting one nowadays.. hehehe

Tony, I have no idea what I am talking about.  It's a 1965 M416 with a plywood top.  I plan on pulling the entire trailer apart..lifting it to match my rig hopefully 33"-35" will give it enough lift. 

Sounds like you know what your talking about...you can consult for me.

NOW HIRING VOLUNTEERS!

Ok so...after speaking with BZ and doing a little research it looks like the spring over option is the easiest route.  I'm going to take the top off this weekend, get some jack-stands, pull the rims off and take some sexy half-naked pictures of my trailer.  I am not looking to go over the top fixing the trailer up, but if look at my track record...I am looking for suggestions and easy solutions. 

Thanks,

John

after talking with MoabFJ, there is a swing-arm air-bag option lets get together and talk about it....

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service