NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

This is a LED vs. Halogen Comparison Sheet in case someone is in the market for off road lights and are looking at LED light bars. This will give you an idea of how bright LED light bars are. The LED Bars have such a low power draw it is hard to tell wich is brighter. I hope this helps you.

Views: 93

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They do sell LED Bars with Euro Beam and Flood Beam. I like the LED Bar on the roof not on a bumper. But I have seen them used with a Baja bar up front and they are tuff as nails. The LED Bars just seem more aero dynamic than big round lights on top and better clearance for entering a garage. I want to use the 8" bar on the back of my roof rack above the rear door for camp set up and more lighting behind me for what ever.

I have a life support system for my FJ incase I go out before my lights.
Wait 50,000 hrs is only a little over 5yrs or 5.7yrs As for the 2000hr bulbs of the HID you get about 83 days.
Yeah if you run your lights 24/7
In Alaska you might. For six months I think. lol
Do you know if it is ok in California to drive with my Striker 170's On with the yellow fog cover on it? The lights would be mounted on the front bumper. Or does anyone know the laws in California on Driveing lights?
V C Section 24402 Auxiliary Driving and Passing Lamps
Auxiliary Driving and Passing Lamps
24402. (a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 16 inches nor more than 42 inches. Driving lamps are lamps designed for supplementing the upper beam from headlamps and may not be lighted with the lower beam.

(b) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary passing lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 24 inches nor more than 42 inches. Passing lamps are lamps designed for supplementing the lower beam from headlamps and may also be lighted with the upper beam.

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd12c2a2.htm
The law says I can drive with a 52" Double Stack LED Bar as long as it is not more than 30" off the ground. That might be cool at night to have head lights with a 3 mile range.

Everyone would merge right and turn off their headlights.
what concerns me are the roof mounted LED bars. I can not seem to find covers for those from any of the vendors. Have you?
You only need to cover them if they are mounted 12" above the roof or 40" back from the roof start. Also you need covers if they are on the same circut as your regular driveing lights. So I think with LED Bar's we are fine as long as they have there own on/off switch and are not more than 12" above the roof.

There is one company that makes a LED Bar with a camshell. But that is easy to make for any of them.
For my Roof Lights I am thinking of useing an Air Dam from Ricochet and makeing a Powered Clamshell from it. I would use a Linear Actuator to raise it 4" so that the 42" LED bar can be covered. I can do the whole project for under 1100bucks I think..

http://www.firgelliauto.com/default.php?cPath=79
http://www.phantom-lighting.com/pages/products_vig4280.php
Attachments:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service