NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

This is a LED vs. Halogen Comparison Sheet in case someone is in the market for off road lights and are looking at LED light bars. This will give you an idea of how bright LED light bars are. The LED Bars have such a low power draw it is hard to tell wich is brighter. I hope this helps you.

Views: 93

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I"ll keep a scanner in the FJ to hear if I'm sighted and check Google Earth to see myself.
LOL! Love it!
Lmao...
Pics or it never happened...............................
One 8" Led Bar and a pair of LightForce Striker 170 are in the mail and should be here by Friday. I will post pic's when its done. I still have to install my sPod and winch.
right on! gimme a call and I can give you a hand...
Thank you. I will..... I still need something to mount my winch on. Because of the type of winch I have, I am thinking of the Warn winch bumper. I can get a new one for $1100 delivered home from Amazon. Free Shipping.
VisionX? Probably do something similar in the long term but will go with Rigid as they are made in the US.
Striker 170 HID or Halogen?
The Striker 170 has a 100 watt xenophot 2000 hr bulb. I went with Phantom Lighting for the LED Bar and got the VIGILANTE 8" LED Bar with 12-3watt LED's.

http://www.phantom-lighting.com/pages/products_vig812.php
I frequently encounter LEDs in my industry (consulting electrical engineer). Most LED's are rated at 50,000 hrs, however it's not the LED you should be concered about it's the driver for the LEDs. The consensus in the industry is that the driver most likely will not last the duration of 50,000 hrs. On top of that, LED's haven't been tested to verify a 50,000 hrs lamp life. So the validity of LEDs lasting longer is an open debate. LEDs also require individual optic lenses over each LED to get the desired distribution, ie. fog, driving. An advantage with say a Lightforce 170 is that you can change the lenses and also rotate the actual fixture to change the optics. Don't get me wrong, there's a place for LEDs in autos (and buildings), but personally, I'm not sold on them, and they look a little weird on bumpers and roofs.
"consulting electrical engineer" Show off , you act like your all educated and stuff.... hahaha

I do like this thread though cuz I would like a new set of lights up front and I have been reading up on all the choices..
Yes, that is why if I will ever build my LED light bar I will make the "driver" myself. At the end, it's simply a constant current source @1A that can go up to 300V. Properly "oversized" and kept in a safe location in the cabin should be able to outlast any cheap "integrated" driver that comes with commercial solutions.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service