NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Thinking about catching a cold (cough cough)... yup I am feeling sick. Anyone want to meet up @ Kwood Wednesday morning?  Let me know, I'm 95% going.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so THATS how you guys get so many days off!
I'd love to, but this thing called work keeps getting in the way.....  Must work to buy stuff for FJ......
Where's Kirkwood? The ski resort?
Yes, Kirkwood Ski Resort on Highway 88.  My boss and I have an understanding..I am reliable 8 months of the year and a ski bum the other 3.
What about the 12th? :-)

8 + 3  = 11 months 

Gonna be storming Wed. Dad and I are thinking Thurs
Due I would hella go just need a place to stay
I'm headed up to Kirkwood tomorrow (thurs).  Bz...u going?  Anyone else?

It was an epic day...I drove up last night.  Stayed in South Lake, woke up nice and early to get some freshies at Kirkword.  It snowed a foot maybe foot-in-a half...It was a pretty crazy ride on Hwy 88 viability was 25-100 feet at best with wind gusts of 30-60 mph.  At one point I couldn't see the end of my hood. About 5-7 miles from Kirkwood the CHP had a road block, they were turning everyone around.  So I turned back and ended up to Sierra @ Tahoe. 

On the way to Sierra I witnessed a solo spin-out.  It looked like a slow motion accident, the elderly lady was ok but stuck in the bank.  A perfect opportunity to use the new winch.  Pulled her out and ended up stuck...so I winched off of her back bumper and I was on my way.

Sierra said they received two feet of fresh power over night.  The backside was closed so I went down the face a few times.  Then Nob Hill the rest of the day.  It was pretty windy on the lift but the mountain (while boarding) was perfect!!  The snow conditions were great for boarding but it sucked for driving in.

On the way out of the parking lot I winched a clueless 2 wheel drive with no chains out of a snow bank.

I'm up I 80 in Truckee. Nice new snow.
Attachments:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service