NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

It's time to upgrade and repair the front suspension.

Part of this is retiring the OME's and going coilover. The two I am looking at are the Radflo 2.5", and the Sway-Away 2.5". They both look good, but having no practical experience with either I am taking opinions.

I would prefer that you own one of these, but if you have installed either and had issues, that is valid as well.

They are within $50 of each other so cost is no factor, which would you get?

Views: 735

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think the 16th will work for me, I may be heading out a couple days before that to the east side then on to the Summit and returning the 25thish.

So Boz, all, let's call it the weekend of the July 9th, would you prefer Saturday or Sunday?

Mark will beat on them for the parts.

Thanks!!

Saturday would be good. I'm sure that weekend will be hectic but we can fit it in. Let's talk about what needs to happen and maybe we could start Friday night and get things pulled apart to be ready for Saturday AM for the put it back together.

Well, all of the parts are finally in.

I can get the new bushings pressed into Bz old lowers so that can be done early.

Hmm I am not sure I have anything going on either one of those days as of yet.. either would work pending parts..

Well I found a real trick to getting Energy Suspension parts quick.

I looked through nine Google pages of advertisers, and spoke with all of their stocking warehouses to find a store that had the FJ bushings with no luck. There is a vendor on Ebay that has it, so I bought it from them, only to find they don't really have it, 2-3 week back order...

So I call ES and they tell me, buy it from Autozone.. so I drop by Sunday and they say I will have it Tuesday after 3:00. Autozone has the direct hook-up with ES, and now you know.

Good to know.. I also need new UAC's so this might be a good option. this way I will only have to do this job once.. 

Just returned from East Side to catch up on this thread. I will be there and do whatever PB does.

John, it was very windy but not as much snow as the west side. Should be good in July.

I'm trying to head over this weekend but won't know for a day or two. Hope the wind dies out but whatever, it's the eastern side and it all good.

How much snow is at the pass? Still lots up high I guess but what about 10,000ish?

I came back 108. 89 also open. Can't recall 10,000 but there is a lot of snow at the summits and west.

Thanks and If I get to go I'll post up a report. Can't wait to get over there.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread. 

Yes. Enough thread theft! 

(120 open)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service