NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

It's time to upgrade and repair the front suspension.

Part of this is retiring the OME's and going coilover. The two I am looking at are the Radflo 2.5", and the Sway-Away 2.5". They both look good, but having no practical experience with either I am taking opinions.

I would prefer that you own one of these, but if you have installed either and had issues, that is valid as well.

They are within $50 of each other so cost is no factor, which would you get?

Views: 735

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I put on 2.5 radflo's last month from OW with light racing uca's, no problems so far

What did you switch from, and what differences do you notice?

So you use the sway bar drop bracket, notice any rubbing?

I switched from bilstien 5100's. I did use the sway bar drop bracket.

I'm running new m/t's 285//17's and have no rubbing with the coils adjusted up about 3", I do not have a body mount chop either

I've been out one time on the trail so far and I notice a much bigger difference going over rough stuff. I also have a arb bumper up front. The street ride is fine.

I like them but have not rode with any other brands so I cannot compare anything.

Good to hear.

Assuming I can find anyone with the control arm bushings in stock, I will be in business.

I thought you ordered the energy suspension bushings? if you need OEM call One Toyota 510-569-1111

Went through phone hell, but finally found a vendor that stocks the ES kit.

This one is the graphite impregnated black urethane, so it should be self lubricating and not squeaky like the red version.

You should so be living in NorCal :)

Radflo is a good choice.
I hope so, it's too late to turn back now!

It's never too late to turn back! It just costs more money when and if you do.

What's your schedule on welding? I reckon I could be in on that if you have the procedure defined and all the parts. Making the S%#* is what takes all the time, putting it in is pretty easy.

You will like the Radflo's, been running them for a while and no complaints.

Did you get the Overland Warehouse Radflo setup or direct from Radflo?

We got them from Metal Tech, LT has been really good to us. 

Less than $1k shipped, no tax, no freight.  I <3 Metal Tech!

We're still missing the LCA bushings.  No one stocks them.  We're working with the guy at Energy Suspensions, he's got to send them through an Auto Zone (?) so looks like it could take more than a week... should know more on Monday.

Tony, Boz, thanks so much for the offer!  Would love to try to do this ASAP, pending parts, but it's not urgent.  We do not have any trips planned.  The truck is a major pita to drive, so we're leaving it home except for short trips.  Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks?  The weekend of July 9, July 16?  What do you think?  This if the bushings are in by the 8th.

Everyone, thanks for the help, it'll be a good day!  :)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service