NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Ok, everyone here has had problems with their pulleys, or know someone who has.
If you play in mud, or your just the 7th rig through a formerly clear stream, this is for you.

As we all know, the bearings on the stock pulleys are not sealed on the back side.
Our own Hoff spent the night on the side of the road because a pulley failed.

Fortunately NAPA and their suppliers have an improved version of our pulleys for sale. Our thought is to get everyone together for a mass pulley swap at our office. If your stockers are still good then keep them for trail spares.

No date has been set, although before the High Sierra run would be preferable. This post is to gauge interest in who may want to join us on this one.

We have placed our order with RockAuto for 3 idler pulleys, the belt tensioner, and a new belt.
You can check the blue room for NAPA part numbers or go to rockauto.com.

Post up if you are interested and we will start checking out dates.

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just checked with Napa in Hayward and they have 2 each of the number 2s but the rest would have to come from out of state and wouldn't be here in time for Sunday. The two #2s are actually in Oakland.
But I'll be there either way.
I am going to try to get parts and get there.. Maybe I will just shouw up to have fun and hang out.. I hate being poor.. heheheh
I wish I could come but I can't. Perhaps I can use all of your new found expertise at the next workday to help me install...
I'll be there. No plans to install pulleys but may have other project or just assist others...
Question for Mark: You used a gear puller to remove your stock UCAs at the last Install Day. Who's was it and might it be available this Sunday?
Mark said he didnt remember who owned the gear puller. It was just an orgy of parts and elbows :-)

DOES ANYONE KNOW who brought the gear puller on the last work day??

Thanks!
Bkreece? RdKl? maybe not sure.......
I was really interested in knowing who brought the tool that took off the uca ball joint. I didn't get a chance to see you guys take that off =\
I am out..

No money or time this weekend...
My pulleys did not ship and won't be here till next week but I'll stop by anyway.
I dont a pulley to upgrade but I'll be happy to stop by, say hello and give a hand if someone needs. What time do you start and where is it ?
click herefor the map I don't know what time figure around 11:00am or so

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service