NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Ok, everyone here has had problems with their pulleys, or know someone who has.
If you play in mud, or your just the 7th rig through a formerly clear stream, this is for you.

As we all know, the bearings on the stock pulleys are not sealed on the back side.
Our own Hoff spent the night on the side of the road because a pulley failed.

Fortunately NAPA and their suppliers have an improved version of our pulleys for sale. Our thought is to get everyone together for a mass pulley swap at our office. If your stockers are still good then keep them for trail spares.

No date has been set, although before the High Sierra run would be preferable. This post is to gauge interest in who may want to join us on this one.

We have placed our order with RockAuto for 3 idler pulleys, the belt tensioner, and a new belt.
You can check the blue room for NAPA part numbers or go to rockauto.com.

Post up if you are interested and we will start checking out dates.

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What was the damage (cost) for all the pulleys?
I think someone said they are like $160.00 for al of them.. It was somewhere around there...
Interested. Just to be sure of what we buy - could you tell explicitly the part numbers? Maybe if we place an order all together we can have a discount.
Boz and I will be in also. No problems but better to change them now than wait for the problem.
I'm down for this one..Moab how much was for the set that you got?
since Hoff was the first to encounter this issue, should this party not be called Hoffapullooza?
Ha!
Twice, #2 was wobbling at Slick Rock
**Hoffapullooza 2009**
I am in !! I would like to get this done!! Let me know that dates and I will be there..
Here is a link to ROCKAUTO.COM
Select TOYOTA, SELECT THE YEAR, SELECT FJ CRUISER, SELEC BELT DRIVE and you will see the IDLE PULLEY'S and you can check the price.
For the belt, get the DAYCO 5070835 which is a POLY COG, a much better sepertine belt than the 7PVK2120.

http://www.daycoproducts.com/daycoweb.nsf/cf652a4feb630ad0862571a40...!OpenDocument

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service