NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Does anyone know how much is a good quality paint job for the whole truck ?

I am assuming that Bz and I can prepare the truck and remove all accessories (bumpers etc) so we are talking about preparing surfaces and painting.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cheapo $250 - $400.
average $1,000 - $2,000
custom $4,000 and up
oh really? and what color are we shooting it???
I am still contemplating on it. I am thinking about dark grey, matt or line-x + black roof + accessories
we need to talk gimme a call
not that fast, Bz, I have just started thinking about it.
Prep is the hardest and most expensive out of everything.... I did this on the side a few years ago but it is very hard to make good money and do a good job.

If you have access to a trailer use it,

1.- Strip the FJ down completely on the exterior. Doorhandles, roof rack, mirrors, fender flares, side steps/rails, front bumper/ rear bumper, lights, grill, antenna mount, emblems, any plastic pieces on the body. Hey...you are now half ways there.
2.- now wash the whole vehicle and all the parts intended for paint... with dish heavy dish soap to remove all the wax and grease.

3.- lightly scuff/ sand all parts to be painted. Ensure you DO NOT miss an area, or your new paint may bubble or peal at that area.

4.-now wipe down the whole vehicle with degrease... not simple green, but you must buy this at the paint shop.

5.- Begin to tape off the areas that are not to be painted.. after taping, use paper to cover the rest up....

BTW.... this is only for the exterior, not the door jams.
i wouldn't go for the cheapo option as it will show in a couple years (remember Miracle Auto Painting back in the day?). also, keep in mind that your engine bay and other interior parts are color-matched to your exterior.
you are gonna pay Starting about $2k.
If I remember correctly, $6k to Line-x including prep. If you do the prep, know a couple g's off.
i was quoted at 3g for linex incl prep.
that's a good deal i guess. That dude on the blue room paid $3k i think and he did the prep work.
Ask Vong his roof is Line-X

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service