NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Turns out that on December 5th there will be a Hollister clean up day.

They are letting people in for free but they need to have people help clean up. I know that people are going to wheel that day so it not be tat hard to pitch in and help out the park that we all use regularly..

Its very important that WE FJC owners take care to help keep places like Hollister clean & open. With all the cut backs that are going on in the state right now the park is stretched very thin. They will always need the help to keep the park open. its good for us newest to the sport to take our turn and pitch in some labor

So I will be going on Dec 5 with my trailer ready to help clean up. I know many of you are planning to go so why not bring a back and help out for to keep Hollister clean..

Be sure to contact them so they can send you the Volunteer form..

I wil keep a list here of everyone that is going to be there.

The event will be from 10:00am - 2:00 pm
Meet at area 5

Communication:

Repaeter is: 147.315 +600 PL 94.8.
CB: 31
FRS: 7/31

Dec 5 Clean up
4X4 Cruisergirl
Divingirl
5AND5TORM
Andrew
Quadloco
DWH
PBn'FJ
Sonof40
Alvin
David
paraextreme
Kaster
Dapitbull
C4B_ROCKS
MR & MRs Bozly
MOTODRIVE
BZ
Botched
suecyde
Studovich
Cypik
potatomutato
Boss73

Here is the list of people from Studovich's discussion.

- Jeremy Goldstein

Lets leave the caravan coordination on the other page since Stu seemed to have that going well.

I left these names on here because they have not confirmed that they want to do the clean up. This is fine since the clean came up after the thread was started, and maybe people still want to wheel ..

Views: 84

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was a great day and we had the most rigs there hand down. AS all of you know this was a great way to show the parks that we (the 4x4 community) care and will help, i force, when asked. I am very happy that the parks finally have a way to let us volunteer to projects.. Only thing I as disappointed about was I was hoping to get more trash with all the people we had there. But maybe that means that the park was not that trashed. THANKS goes out to all that come out to lend a hand..

On a side note, James only a limited amount of money to feed us for lunch, and with the large turn out that we got he easily went over what he had. When MTA found out how much money he spent to feed us all and exactly how much over budget he was, we decided to help out. We gave him a check to cover what he had gone over.. WE did not think it was right for the rest of the money to come out of his pocket.. Just another way MTA gives back...
Does anyone have a pic of the trash pile that was collected ???
I just finished the Jeep Recovery vid and my project vid... I will post them up soon!
Ok, so I'm having trouble with the videos... the Jeep recovery one is really large and YouTube disabled the audio on the other one because of the music (copyrights).
trim it down and lose the music
I won't have time until next week to do that... and I need a Mac with Final Cut Pro and the only ones with that are in the art building and I'm going home next week. So it's not gonna happen for a few weeks.
you don't have to upload to you tube you can upload it straight to the site here we have our own
It's too large... and YouTube kept the audio for my Hollister Hunt video (even though it says it didn't), but the Jeep Recovery vid has the audio removed.

Ok, for some reason YouTube only disables the audio if you watch the video ON YouTube's site. But if you watched the embedded version here, it keeps the audio.
screw you tube
sample down on the video. no biggie though. with or without audio, i kind of regret being so nice to the guy now. seriously, guys like this help get trails closed for responsible folks like ourselves. i certainly hope we never catch any FJCs stuck like this anywhere...off-trail or on so-called "open" trails that aren't. this guy doesn't represent the off-roading community in my opinion...he should be banned.
I could not agree more..

Unfortunetly its people like this that go off trail, and post a vid or pics and the greenies use these pics aganst us when it comes to closing a trail. That trail does have "open area" and maybe if he were a newb and did not know where the trail went that may be one thing. But looking at how his heep is set up, he at least should have known better.

I stil would like to see the vid.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service