NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

High Sierra Run 2009
September 23 - 27 (Wednesday through Sunday)
Level: Easy - Moderate
Campsite link: Laurel Lakes Trail Campsite (Aspen Grove, not the lake)
Point B is the trailhead for Laurel Lakes
Point C is the campsite
Plastic orange Jack-o-Lanterns will be the markers to look for! They will be placed at the Sherwin Creek Road exit, the trailhead to Laurel Lakes trail and the spur that leads to the campsite.
We will leave a note or marker if we are not at the designated base camp location.
Communications: CB 31 and FRS 7-31
Weather: Highs in the upper 70s, lows in the upper 30s

we are tacking on an extra day this year to accommodate the variety of activities to be had in the great High Sierra. this year's format will include a set number of trail runs, but will also provide plenty of hours for folks to enjoy fishing, rock climbing, boating and sightseeing. more details to come.

2008 Trail Report
2007 Trail Report

Current trail run schedule

Wednesday
Open

Thursday
Exploration - Mammoth & Inyo Craters
Meet: 10:00 AM
2520 Main St
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
(760) 934-2712

Friday
Coyote Flat (near Bishop, CA)
Meet: 10:00 AM
2345 N Sierra Hwy
Bishop, CA 93514-2207
(760) 873-5311

Saturday
Kavanaugh Ridge - Mono Lake + Exploration
Meet at 10:30 AM
22 Vista Point Dr
Lee Vining, CA 93541
(760) 647-1088

Sunday: TBD
Meeting times and locations TBA
Inyo National Forest and Mammoth Lakes Recreational Information
Mono County Recreational Information

Remember, all trails are join as you please. We only ask that you provide your trail/outdoor activity plan each morning as a precaution. "Exploration" is a designation for non-guided trails - explore the scenic areas without an agenda and specific destination.

Tentative roster (bold = confirmed)
Romanski
PBn'FJ
CA Annie & Moab FJ
Bozly & Mrs. Bozly
BzWires
sonof40

Kaster
Munkay
CowboyCEO

Cindy's Fj
Alessio Sangalli
cypilk +1
witty81
David
pkelly72
magicthechemist
Vaughn
caddo
potatomutato

Other information
the trail run schedule only serves as a frame for some of the runs we will be doing. many of you have mentioned that fishing, rock climbing and sightseeing will be on the agenda as well. there are plenty of places to do it. there will also be natural hot springs in the area, so don't forget your bathing suits...birthday suits are optional.

Weather
evenings will be colder with lows hitting in the upper 30s and lower 40s. please be prepared! daytime temps are forecasted to track in the mid-70s.

Group photo opp and video
since this will be one of the larger NorCal FJ runs to date, we will try to schedule some time for a group photo. we will most likely do this at Kavanaugh Ridge on Saturday. also, a video will most likely be filmed during the trail runs.

Camping and F&B
i will send everyone camping and food & beverage details via PM. please keep in mind that base camp and the overflow camp are dispersed campgrounds and do not have any facilities or potable water. if you plan to "borrow" someone else's PETT toilet, i would suggest you purchase your own Wag Bags. please keep in mind that we will be near water, so you must pay strict attention to being environmentally conscious when it comes to disposal of human wastes.

More information

don't bring anything more than you will really need. please avoid bringing excess food and remember to secure foodstuffs at all times.

Tread Lightly and Trail Run & Camping Guidelines

* as always, Tread Lightly rules are in full effect. do not blaze your own trails and be mindful of the wildlife that make the High Sierra their home. always exhibit good trail etiquette.
* driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is strictly prohibited.
* no loud amplified music on trails or campsites
* please pack out your own garbage and do not litter

Looking forward to yet another memorable High Sierra run!

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like everyone had a good time.

My wife and I arrived at the Mobile just after 11 on Satuday on our way to Silver Lake, and maybe just missed everyone. Saw a white FJ at the Double Eagle Resort as we were checking in, but it took off before I could go say howdy.

Ran into Scully at the Mobile on Sunday afternoon, and while parked at Ellery Lake, I saw several FJs go by. I think I saw caddo, a silver one, and I remember a brick towing a red trailer (I was down on the lake, swearing at the fish that weren't bitting).
We all saw your rig at the lake in Yose as we headed home honked once as I went by sorry if I scared the fish away LOL
Ha! I doubt it....I only caught one all weekend long. We hit Rush Creek, Silver, June, Gull, and Ellery. We only had luck at Gull. It wasn't meant to be this weekend. I should have been on a trail with a bunch of other FJs!
the fish were all riding jumpseat with us.
That, I can believe!
CA Annie always brings the good stuff!

I cannot believe that you corrupted my cooler with such 'swill'! :(

Nice Champagne's, fine Belgians, and and Olde English 800.... You're a punk!
So what's up with the T.O.E. t-shirts???

I remember a conversation about that one night...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service