NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Date: Wednesday, September 22 - Sunday, September 26
Level: All
Comms: CB - 31, FRS/GPRS - 7-31, HAM 147.52 simplex no tone
Cell signal: Available on the trail when in direct line of sight with Mammoth Lakes, which pretty much means the beginning of the trail to around the aspen grove before the turnoff to the campsite.
Weather: highs in the mid-70s, lows in the low-30s overnight.
Campsite: dispersed camping (no showers, no toilets), please bring wood if you can!
Official trail runs:
Friday - Mazourka Canyon/The Narrows and Thereabouts
Saturday - Kavanaugh Ridge/Bodie Ghost Town/Mono Craters exploration
Alternate "rogue" runs will be most likely scheduled and proposed.
National Public Lands Day:
Free admission to Devil's Postpile National Monument and Mono Lake
Volunteer opportunity: TBD on Saturday AM

this is the official thread for the annual High Sierra run. despite having considered moving to an alternating base camp/expedition style run, we'll stick with the base camp idea this year. we'll establish base camp on Laurel Lakes trail again.

395 to Trail Head: http://bit.ly/cwHI0p
Approximately 1.5 miles of dirt road once you get off 395 at Sherwin Creek Road

the High Sierra run, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the format, is part trail run, part vacation. we will only establish 2-3 "official" trail runs and the rest of the activities are planned impromptu or on-your-own. last year, several folks went fishing, kayaking and sightseeing. more details on the planned runs will be outlined in the coming weeks, but will most likely include Coyote Flat, Mono Craters and yearly favorite, Kavanaugh Ridge.

also, i am looking into a possible volunteer opportunity for National Public Lands Day on Saturday, the 25th. i will most likely propose something in the nearby Mammoth area...perhaps a trail clean-up. for those of you who are unfamiliar with National Public Lands Day, it is the nation's largest hands-on volunteer effort to help sure-up and clean-up our public lands. it also allows free admission to most national parks and monuments (Yosemite, Devil's Postpile and Mono Lake included).

Final Roster (20)
GHOST
Sonof40
TOE 4X4
gringo (good luck worked...now for the chorizo!)
CentralCalFJ
downy_ball
CowboyCEO
Bz
Botched
FJ Scout
Bozly
MoreFJland
FJ4 Tahoe
Robbie
Estysalinas
Will
Ranger Jim
paraextreme
FJWanderlust
CA Annie & MoabFJ

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep I am in.. In in in in
I'm tentative for this year.
I would like to make this event as this would be my first year. The wife and I need a vacation anyhow. I'm in. Quick questions tho, can i bring my dog? And what would be the nearest city/ town, just so i have a general idea of where I will traveling too.
Mammoth Lakes is the closest town from base camp. dogs are ok, but should always be on a leash.
Ok thanks.....yeah my dog never really comes off the leash outside the house. Can't wait.
put me down as "iffy"
Me (not iffy)
Last year it was fun. I plan on going this year too...
Maybe you can lead me through some trails this time....
Baring any unforeseen disaster, I'll be there.

I'd be in for leading a Silver/Wyman canyon run out of Bishop if anyone is into it as well.
Count us in!
Maybe, will be just getting back from Socal - Funjunkie Goodbye Bash

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service