NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

SO I want to get my HAM licens and RTF is offering a calss this month. Wanted to see if there was any other interest in this. SO far its just me going , The class should last all day with a test at the end to get the licens. I will get get costs for the class tonight but it will be pretty cheap and the price includes the book.

Just wondering if there is anyone that wanted to head up there and take the class??

Post up and let me know... More info to follow

UPDATE

Ok so I got my wires crossed and it turns out that the class is in Fremont on the 17th.
The class will be from 8-5, this includes time to take the test.. It looks like this wil;l be a cram session with the test after. They talk about have a 90% pass rate in the last class. There is alot infomation on site.

Here is the link to get signed up : http://www.baears.com/

Its pretty easy to get registered. The class wil cost $30.00. Go to the link and get signed up for the class on the oct 17th. There is much more info on the class at the site..

10/8/09
People signed up for the class

PBn'FJ
sonof40
DHeigher
Boss73

Views: 38

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been wanting to do this too. Barring crap at work, I am in.
I have had an interest for some time now. Not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger without knowing more, like renewal costs or retesting down the road, cost of the radio etc. But I will follow the thread and keep an open mind. Thanks for the heads up. Let's talk over a beer Wed.
Talking over a beer is always good... Cya then
Mmmmmmm Ham....
Attachments:
Sounds good, but we can't even get everybody on a CB yet.
This is so very true !!

At least with the ham we can talk to the FRS guys and gals
Good! Similar events are held in San Mateo if anybody was interested. And I am sure there are many on the Bay Area.

For the Technician level, you do not really need a book. There are online resources with all the quiz etc; anyway, somebody that explains the concepts is highly suggested.

Alessio KE7JDE
i'm game for a local one. please keep me posted if you happen to see one coming up. i'll try to keep a lookout for one as well.
Local group who does testing Bay Area Educational Amateur Radio Society
this is taking place on the 17th as well but in Fremont
Yes I found one in Fremont.. I will post up info today....

The one in Placerville is the test only. The one in Fremont is the class and then the test..
you have to renew every 10 years with the FCC, it is at no cost to renew. The only cost for your license is the testing fee which I think is around 7 bucks.

you can get a decent handhled for about 150 bucks. My mobile setup was abut 300 radio,antenna,coax so its not super expensive to get into.

having a ham ticket is just a good thing to have . In a disaster do you think the cell netork or cb will be useful?

plus a 2m or 6m setup will work much better then CB over distance.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service