NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

For those of you who responded to the request for letters of support for H.R. 1581, you probably got the same email. For those who did not, here is an update I received today.

August 30, 2011

Knowing of your interest in public lands issues, I'd like to update you on actions I have taken to ensure all Americans can better enjoy their public lands.

Earlier this year, I introduced the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act (H.R. 1581), which acts on recommendations of the Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Forest Service to release more than 43 million acres of public lands these agencies manage, but have deemed unsuitable for wilderness, to multiple-use and local control.  However, because of current law and regulations, these lands are managed as de facto wilderness.  I believe that local land managers, local stakeholders, and communities around these areas know best how to manage their public lands, including potentially for responsible resource development, better healthy forest management, more reliable grazing, and numerous recreational activities. These activities could create jobs and generate new revenue for many rural and outlying communities across the country that depend on visitors to our national forests and public lands.  That is why I am pleased that last month a Natural Resources subcommittee held a hearing on my bill, which is an important step in the legislative process.  For more information on H.R. 1581, please visit my website www.kevinmccarthy.house.gov.

As your Representative in Congress, be assured I will continue to work with my colleagues to ensure the American people can fully use and enjoy their public lands.   

Sincerely,

Kevin McCarthy

Member of Congress

You can also stay in touch with me through:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CongressmanKevinMcCarthy
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChiefDeputyWhip
 YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RepKevinMcCarthy

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, got the email too...thanks for posting! nice to get an update from Rep. McCarthy.
Yup! Minus the typo :-p

I noticed that too.

Yes I got one also.. I am always surprised when an elected official responds to these ypes of issues.. I am happy they he did and I will be watching  how this bill goes thru the process.
Yep got one too...2012 is an election year.  Is Mr. McCarthy trying to butter us up?  Either way I was surprised.

The first job of any elected official is to get re-elected so I am sure that is in the back of his mind.  But if this bill will impact our off highway community positively, I am willing to at least listen, or read.

He can have the butter and the biscuit that goes with it if he gets bills like this to go through. LOL

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service