NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Superb 2010 Army Green FJ Cruiser with only 18,000 miles. Toyota Certified until 7/20/17 or 100,000 miles. 6-speed manual transmission. OEM bumper mounted auxiliary driving lights. Baja Racks Utility Rack. Convenience Package, Upgrade Package, iPod interface and Tow Package. Really not a scratch or mark to speak of. New set of BF Goodrich All Terrains (including spare) within the last 3,000 miles. Never been off-road. $28,500. 

Located in Danville, CA (94526) - montgomery.ra@gmail.com

Views: 326

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Repriced to match the other forum $$ - $27,250.
Price lowered $26,500.

Why are you selling?

Looking for something bigger.  Probably going to look at a full size truck or tahoe. Plus the wife hates driving it. Too bad as its a great vehicle in like new condition (plus warranty thru 2017).

Just an observation. I had a F150 Supercrew that I traded for the FJ.  Are you planning on towing or taking cargo you can't have inside?

I ask because I still have mixed feelings about giving up the Killing Machine.  I can tow, go camping, off roading, and take my dogs in the FJ.  The real and only difference is seating capacity (comfort), truck identity, and foot print on the road.

With the FJ I can go off road in places the Killing Machine shouldn't (but did), provides a waterproof sleeping area, and has towing capacity with better MPG's (slightly since full time 4x4). 

I'm still a little conflicted after 10 plus years of driving an F150 SC.

Its interesting that you chimed in as I'm really leaning towards a full size crewcab pickup.  The gods honest truth is that I've never taken my FJ off road and likely won't ever making it a bit of a waste sitting in the driveway. As fun as it is to drive around I think the greater utility and passenger space of either a truck or tahoe would serve the family much better.

I'm leaning more towards a truck as I find myself borrowing my father in law's quite a bit for carting large purchases or the motor from my race car back and forth to the tuner.  We moved into a new (for us) house about a year ago and I can see many home improvement projects, furniture purchases and landscaping overall jobs coming down the pike making the open bed of a truck a bit more useful.  The one downside to me is that as we think about having our second child, and how we fit two kids and a 90lbs  dog all in one car makes me think a bit more about the tahoe-like vehicles.

If it is a choice between the FJ and the Tahoe I would keep the FJ.  The dog can stay in the cargo area and you can have up to three kids in the back seat.  Any luggage can go on a roof rack.  For safety the FJ beats the Tahoe hands down with all of the airbags.  Its like 'Demolition Man'.  Of course just my opinion.

The F150 certainly has its benefits.  You can carry up to six large adults, with a bed full of landscaping material, while towing a trailer.  The F150 maintenance costs are signigicantly higher than either of the two other vehicles (think gas, brakes, and tires). That was the number one factor for trading in the F150 besides wanting something more fun.  Remember all of your friends and relatives will now be calling you to borrow the truck or have you help them move.  Been there and done that many times over.

You say you never go off-road nor do you plan on it.  Do you ever go to on road trips where you need 4x4 capability?  Snowy or icy conditions?  The F150 while very heavy has that empty bed back there that is very light.  In those conditions you can lose control of the vehicle as the back end tends to slide out VERY easily unless loaded down.  Expect the need for chains.

I have said far too much but these are all things to consider which I'm sure you have already thought of.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service