NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I've been on FJ Cruiser Forums a lot but it seems like the locals hang out here.  Seems like a better place to mention that I'm selling my FJ.  Well one of them anyway, I picked up a 2014 TTUE over the July 4th weekend, so I'm selling our 2008.  When they announced they were going to stop making them I think I panicked -- I wouldn't have really thought about replacing it for another few years (I drove my previous Toyota pickup to about 200k miles) but especially when it comes to the full time 4wd you get with the manual transmission there just isn't anything else like it on the market.  So I got another one, and the 2008 has to go.

Details:

We're in Fremont (East SF Bay). 
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual (rare in Northern California)
Full-time 4x4 System, Torsen Center Differential with Locking Feature
Exterior Color: Titanium Metallic

Dealer service (it all shows up on the Carfax report) with synthetic oil (and now that I have the new one I see I've been getting oil changes twice as often as what they require now!)
No accidents
Single owner, non-smokers

Currently 129k miles
Put together Carfax says it's worth an extra $1840 over the average FJ with the same miles.

Engine: 4.0L V6 DOHC 24V w/VVT-i
Radio: AM/FM/CD Audio System w/6-Speakers

The major options listed on the original printout are these:

Convenience Package
All-Terrain Package w/6MT
Convenience Package (PPO)
Passenger Side Armrest
Plus:
Auxiliary lights (added by dealer)

I don't know what the two different Convenience Packages are, only one of them is detailed on that printout:

Convenience Package:
Remote Keyless Entry,
Cruise Control,
Power Outside Mirror with Image Light,
Rear Parking Sonar,
Privacy Glass,
Rear Wiper,
Daytime Running Lights

Offroad Package:
BF Goodrich Rugged Trail Tires (long ago replaced!)
16" Alloy Wheels,
Bilstein Trail-tuned Shock Absorbers,
Cyolone Air Pre-cleaner,
Rear differential Lock & A-Trac,
Multi-Information Display

No major modifications, pretty much stock other than the tires (Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac) and the Bandi antenna mount. Oh, and a custom GPS mount (and I may throw in the GPS you can see in that link). I also replaced the dome lights with Oznium LEDs.

New windshield as of the first week in July -- I'd already made the appointment to get that replaced before I got the new FJ.

Asking $18,394, less than what NADA says I should ask, but there's a large divide between NADA and KBB.  (What I see listed form every source I've checked is a lot closer to NADA.)  But feel free to make me an offer.

-- Brian

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you should keep both.

My wife's car broke down last week and was in the shop for a couple days, and I spent some time thinking about doing just that!  I don't think she'd go for it though.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service