NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Looking to buy a new front bumper any input would b helpful.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say buy one! The only thing better would be to buy one for me also. I've been using my inability to decide between a Demello offroad and another bumper such as the Metal Tech as an excuse not to spend money for some time. Personally I think the Demello is Awesome and well made. I originally planned on ordering the ARB when it was one of the few options back in 2007, but there are so many other cool bumpers out there as well now that it makes it hard to decide. I saw an ARB Front and rear combo today in stockton on a white TTE FJ and it was awesome looking! I'm leaning towards the Demello myself...
I've seen that TTSE with the arb front and rear in Stockton also...thats a great looking rig. How come that guy isn't on the forum?
I don't know! I've never seen him stopped, but I think the ARB looks awesome on white. You should add one right after you get some 37" M16 tires...
I saw this rig the other day parked by Noah's Bagels actually. Thought it looked pretty sweet.
if you are looking for a used ARB bumper, talk to Bozly.
X2 we just took Boz's ARB off and he is looking to move it out off the shop
Very Subjective topic. As with anything in wheeling, it really depends on what ind of wheeling that you want to do and what kind of protection your looking for. Lots of people love the DO bumper, Looks good and very functional and offers more protection than the metal then the Metal Tech. Maybe if your going to do more rock crawling this ay not be a choice for you. I have the Metal Tech and I love it. IMO the tube bumper is one of the best looks for the FJ. Mark (MT) made a hell of a good bumper and functions how I want it to. If I had to buy something else it would have been a DO. Jason (DO) makes many things for the FJ and was one of the first guys to do so. He definitely makes some of the best front and rear bumpers and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Of course there are several others out there. Intense Fab make a real nice tube. Several of the NorCal folks have that one and are very happy..

hope this helps
I just put the Rocktec on and I love the looks of it. The only use it's seen is pulling a Ford Expedition out of a snow bank but I'm sure it's going to preform as good as it looks.

And there is a good ARB available right here right now.
I have the Demello single hoop and love it. It is the lightest of the plate bumpers, has good clearance and hides a winch well. As Boss says, it also does depend on what you are doing with your truck and if you want a winch or not.

The Intense Fabrication is the best looking of the pre-runner style tube bumpers, IMO, but I don't think they have a winch option.
The Metal Tech is a great bumper but I don't like how the winch attaches.
The Rocktec is a good looking combo between a tube and plate bumper. I did not see Bozly's yet but have seen JimD's and like that very much.

Good luck on your search. We are lucky with the FJ's to have so many cool options to chose from.
The Intense Fabrication one has a winch option now. But the bumper sticks out an extra four inches and the winch position isn't very protected (it just sticks out of the skid plate).

I have the IF bumper and I love it. It's light but strong, and cheap (got mine for about $650). The Budbuilt skid plate system also matches up perfectly to the skid plate on the bumper.
Just curious, what don't you like about the Metal Tech winch mounting?
I like the looks of the non winch version with the aluminum bash plate but with the winch installed it looks funny to me. Maybe it is too open up front or the way the winch hangs under the front hoop. It is just an appearance thing to me, it has nothing to do with quality or performance. I know Metal Tech makes excellent 4x4 equipment.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service