NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Registration is open for this.  Is anyone else planning to go?  I think we are going to try to do Allcal, Moab, Then Summit.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good point Steve.
I think we are going to make Summit this year.  All depends on my business travel schedule...and it's been crazy this month.  I'm in Oslo Norway this week and Amsterdam next week.  "Coffee shop" here I come!!!  I miss my baby and my FJ.

Question: I do not mean any disrespect, it's a totally genuine question. All-Cal - one pays for the camping and the food. Moab, I think everyone pays for himself and that's it. But why would I pay 155 dollars, one person, and still have to drive to CO and pay for the accommodation? Basically, what is the "value added" of the "Summit"?

PS I was in Colorado a couple of weeks ago and I have seen why they call it "little Switzerland ;)"

Man yoru rude !! hehehe just kidding..

But I understand what your asking..  That does seem like a bunch of money up front. But, having been involved with putting on several events over the years and I know there is lots of work that goes into putting these type of events on.  I have never been to the Summit but from what I have looked into it, they offer lots. Guided trail runs, classes,  a vender area, I believe there is also a pretty large raffle, food, grab bags.   They (Ouray) may also be charged a fee for this event, maybe some kind of event fee.

Also with a large ammount of people there may also be requirements to have Portable toilets, and wash stations due to the fact that the population of the city of Ouray, greatly increases during an event like this. They may also require some kind of emergency team (EMT) or something like that.

Once again I have never been to the summit and hopefully someone who has will post up..

But bottom line anytime there is a large gathering of people in a city type of event there can be lots to have to "pay for" by the people organizing  the event.

Oh how is that baby doing ??  Amy is going to pop at the end of April..

Hey those are totally valid reasons, I simply did not think about. 155$ still seems quite a bit; when you mention vendor area and the raffle anyway, those should pay for themselves.

Now, it's not the 155$ that it's unlikely I'll go to Colorado; it's more inexistent vacation time, the baby on such a long trip, etc etc... By the way the baby is doing good! He's already met some of the NorCal FJ crew; hope he'll be strong enough to go out for camping soon!

O I also forgot to mention insurance, I am sure they are required to have that also.. 

Now if you would sop going on so many vacations you may hae some time left foe the summit.. hehehe After every baby I always wiped out all of my vacation time.. Damn kids!! heheeh

Registered.
Sweet!  Now can it be July already..........

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service