NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I want plate and rock rails.Where can I get them install? I'd like to just drive in and have it installed same day. Want the full bottom plate from back to front. Freakin too lazy to look around. Thank you

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just wanted to offer my wrenching ability and general FJ knowledge, I've helped many members Mod their rigs. As I am not working lately I'd available to get ya set-up for a better rate than any shop around, I'm a cert. Motorcycle tech. and all-around gear-head. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
wow what a MAN...step on up folks BZ is bored and looking for something to do...shoot let me know when and where you going to do it I want to observe and learn
are you serious ?
to lazy to reply
PM Bozly. If I remember correctly he has an extra set of buds for sale from the last group buy. Keep in mind, at some point you're going to have to do some maintenance and take those skids off...
There are different schools of thought. I wanted to take them off many times but everybody's telling me not to do that, it does not make any sens etc.

Once I'll have some spare time I will surely remove, sand, repaint etc
yup Boz has one set of BudBuilt skids left over
I hope that this does not come out bad. But to be honest, if your not willing to put in the time and do some research why should you expect any help.. Its alright to be lazy (I am very lazy) but you should at least lift your computer mouse hand and surf for some info yourself on the pros and cons of the different set ups out there..IMO

Having said that:

Protection is not a one size fits all type of thing. Everyone has their own reasons as to why and what they put under their truck. Some want big thick metal and others like light aluminum. It also depends on what kind of trail you plan on taking. Rock crawling plates (somehting thick) will give you great prrotection but you lose out in terms of added weight. Opposite is true for Aluminum great saving in wieght, but you lose the streght of the thicker steel.

Best thing to do is try to decide what kind of trails you will be going on most and then see what kind of protection will work out best for you.

Also if you want to, you can wait untill our next install and there wil be many people there to give ya a hand..

I am not sure of any shops that can do same day install service but maybe some of the other people here will know..

BZ knows how to hold a wrench and he is very able to install a set of plates for ya.. I trust what he does..
Budbuilt.com, Man-a-Fre, and Rasta all make good skids for the FJ google is your friend
how many people does one need to install BudBuilt armor ? It is doable by myself ? Do I need jack stands ?
Jack Stands would help....Jack would be better ;-). You can do it alone, but if yoru not comfortable have BZ show you hows its done! That way when you need to take em off you'll know how. I'm gonna sign up for some BZ lessons at some point in time :-P.
Jack Stands would help....Jack would be better... fork lift best...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service