NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Since Ive had my FJ, i noticed on the net that most of FJs that hit the Trails are pretty much stock.. maybe an upgrade on better wheels and gear ratios.. Im just wondering if I actually made the right decision with my FJ.. I do want it to look good and at the same time i want to take it out on trails. So far its a Trail Teams edition package with a Procomp Stage2 5.5" lift and Im rollin on 20x12.5x35s.. Will it still be good enough for the trails or am i stuck with paved roads? A jeep guy at work pretty much said i wont make it out on the trails.. basically he said its all show no go....

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it rubs.. i like it thou.. lol.. adds character.. i had the corners cut off so it wouldnt do damage the tires
ill shoot TONKA a friend request
Shoot KASTER a request too, he's a very good friend of mine who lives close to you.
ALL the legends you here in the internet is TRUE. I myself was amaze what my FJ fully stock rig did on the trails. But dont know about your DUBs for off-roading...as off your boy or that jeep guy he is trippin. If anything your trial team edition FJ is more than ready to go on trails.
ill take it out as-is.. and ill go from there.. if i get the rims messed up its all good.. procomp still covers 3yrs for the finish of the rims.. then ill probably put the stocks on with better off-road tires
Shoot, those Toyo MTs are the best. Aint no "better off road tire". I personally would rather run a 16 or 17" rim. But I know two guys running 20s and the same tire and they do just fine. Really, my only issue with the 20s AND that tire is that the Toyos have a REALLY rigid sidewall. So with a shorter side profile you're not going to get the tire flex you really want for traction when you're aired down. I run the Toyos on 17" rims and I had to air down at least 5 lbs lower than with BFGs to get the same flex out of them.
I believe those are called mall crawlers !!

They can make it over those speed bumps real well !!!! LOL
I have a totally stock TT and its done fine on the trails. Like others have said, bring your jeep buddy out to one of our trail runs, perhaps he will want to trade in his heep for an FJ!
35 mt's real bad choice for the road but you can go most anywhere and your jeep buddy would be walking unless his jeep is highly modified. Lifted with 35's and e-locked that FJ will go more places than you dare to go. IMO aired down big fat tires with small rims work best with creeper gears. I went on the McGrew trail ride last year, you can actually see lemony on the trail teams video for proof. Its not a real tough trail but the trail teams fj was directly in front of me and they had to winch. Lemony running street shoes 325 50 22 nitto terra grapplers 40 ~ 50psi just crushed a center cap and got a few good gouges in the wheels, I didnt want to listen to the mud tires howl for that long ride to oregon and back. My guess is you biggest prob will be trail damage really sticks out on big rims. Check your coilovers, one of mine is leaking, oil soaked dirt is bad.....

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service