NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I noticed something today and was curious if this was normal.  My Ebrake works fine, but I noticed if I pull up on it while moving even a little it makes noise and I can feel it in my hand.  Sort of like it is engaging something electric.

Is this normal on the FJ?  I am more sensitive to it since I had to manuever my ebrake line a bit to get the new skids on.

thanks for any input

L

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its the way it works. I took off one day after someone had set mine and didn't notice and I thought I had blown the rear end up. If it makes noise not engaged then its something wrong.
It's normal... Mine does it also
thanks guys
From the little information about your noise, I am guessing that if you can feel it in your hand, then your emergency brake cable is where it is coming from. My advice is to check back on where you maneuvered the ebrake line to get the new skids on.

When I pull my emergency brake, I don't feel anything except for the clicking that normally happens.

Also, for anyone that adjusts parking brakes, adjust your parking brake by the gear inside of the rotor first, then by the nut inside of the center console that is connected to the ebrake mechanism. (Don't snap your ebrake cable!)
you pullin' a Ken Block?
lol...I wanted to make sure my ebrake was not binding at all and it is easiest to check when slightly rolling...never did it before the slider install so I had nothing to compare it to. Might remove the braket and retest to see if the noise is still there...guess my fj drifting through rwc dream is a bust :-)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service