NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

ED4’s 4WD Safety Clinic - Hollister Hills May 19, 2012

If you know anyone that is just getting into 4 wheeling and wanted to get some training you can pass this on to them. My club, Esprit de Four,  has been doing this for more than 20 years. Most of the money raised by this event goes back to the 4 wheel drive community. It is a full day of wheeling. Free camping Friday and Saturday night.

Date: May 19th, 2012

Watch our clinic on Bay Area Backroads TV show hosted by Doug McConnell.
http://youtu.be/8n7P4QvxPXs

Description: Set in beautiful Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreational Area, this course is primarily tailored to introduce those with little- or no-experience to off-road driving safety and trip planning. Those with more experience will come away with the knowledge that there is more to four wheeling than simply shifting into 4WD. Students will get a better feel for what they and their vehicle are capable of while driving in the various types of terrain found in our forests and wild lands. Our Hands-On Safety Clinic consists of: classroom instruction, two guided trail tours, and one-on-one guidance through several exercises. Virtually all four wheel drive vehicles (trucks and sport utility vehicles) and all levels of driver-skill are welcome (and have been through our clinic). Students must provide their own lunch but on Saturday, for a reasonable price, students will have the opportunity to enjoy a BBQ dinner and talk with the instructors and club members after Saturday’s class.

Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espritdefour.co...

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was totally worth it in every way. Everyone involved with the event (redshirts) were great. Everyone driving things other than FJ's were cool. Got to see what our stock FJ could handle. We were surprised. Can only imagine what things will be like when she's all growed up like Aeons.

Everyone the wife and I met from the site were really cool and we're both glad to have met you guys. She was too busy looking for rocks and stuff to go over or bouncing around to take any pics and the one pic that I really wanted (jeep behind us said our back tire was about 3 feet in the air) didn't materialize.

All in all, excellent day. Well worth it and if anyone is new and has any doubts about whether to attend one of these, put 'em away. Do it.

Yes, it was a great event.  Learned that our stock FJs are pretty capable as is.  Everyone was cool.  

I wanted to tank you guys for your participation is our clinic, I hope you like it.  Our next clinic will be in September, pls share this with friends and family.

regards,

-Carlos

Carlos...a couple of Red Shirts were taking pictures during the event. Any word on how to get a hold of those pics?

Last September, they posted the pics on their facebook page.  I've already seen a lot of photos posted on the Esprit de Four page for this safety clinic.

Hmm, I was wondering the same.  I don't have a facebook account and I couldn't find the pictures on the Esprit de Four website.

No shame in not having a facebook account ;-)

I shot Andy Cardenas a message and asked him how people might be able to obtain photos from him (at least the one he took).  Also, I might be able to drag and drop some off the fb page itself and send them to you.

Haha, yup, I'm like the only person in the world without facebook.  I got one pic of my rig from Ben (Aeon) on the steps.  I'm looking for a pic that Mike (Michael) from Esprit de Four took of my rig while I was riding on frame twister.  If you find it, please send it my way :o) Thanks!

LOL I log into FB every few months. The last time I logged in, the wife was sitting next to me and said "dude, you've got like 63 friend requests!" I only made it because she asked me to. She needed someone to be Status: Married to...heh

Haha, that's a good reason to have facebook.

Thank YOU! It was a great event. Worth every minute. We will likely come back again in September.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service