NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey all i just want to see if anyone is down to hit Eagle Lake OHV on the 11th and/or the 12th.. so next weekend! maybe just camp on the 11th and then wheel the 12th? i know there are some bomb campsites out there cuz i hit a few of them at the beginning of the summer when i tried to do this trail with a buddy of mine but accidentally did fordyce instead haha

so yea post up if you are interested and hopefully we can set something up and get a handful of rigs out there! 

Views: 1045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was thinking about heading up around noonish tomorrow (Saturday).  Bozly's gonna go and I'll probably caravan with him if he can get away from his shop early enough.  Otherwise I'll be driving solo.  Max, when are you planning to leave from Fremont?

What's "PC"?

Krista and I will be heading up some time Saturday, but we'll likely just chill out and not do any wheeling that day.

What time are we meeting up Sunday?

PC is Prairie City SVRA in Sac.  Max says those guys are gonna do a warm-up at PC before doing any real wheeling in the Sierra - haha.

I don't know what time we're meeting up.  Waiting for info from Max.

I found this already filled out fire permit online.  I am not sure if they are required up there or not, but I am planning on having a few with me.

Attachments:
Yeh, fire permits are required.

Is that sufficient? ...meaning you don't have to get one in person at one of the locations listed on the page below...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sierra/passes-permits/?cid=fsbdev7_01...

last time i camped in the area i didnt have a permit and made fire without any repercussions.. looks like i'll probably be coming a little late probably just in time to set up camp before nightfall. anyone know exactly where we will be camping?

Although I've never been there before I was talking to a friend who used to wheel there a lot, and he tried to clue me in.

He said if we were to drive further down the road, past the trailhead, that there is a campground near a water hole. I think there's talk of this in the other Eagle Lakes thread as well. Maybe someone else can give better directions, otherwise I'll be making an effort to find it when we get there...

Of course it *is* national forest, so you can camp pretty much wherever you please.

I think its in the Pierce OHV area, where that dude submarined.  Looked like there was come good sites over there, and thats where I was planning on setting up.  I will be on FRS 7-31 and hope to be up there by 1ish.

Ok cool. That sounds right, because I remember him mentioning a water crossing..

There are camp sites near 2 water crossings one where chance went sub and one where mile Oliver camped at.
Everyone ok with Channel 31 on the CB?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service