NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

With Ghost's posted pictures and trail report, I've become very giddy. Any interest in a trip up Saturday and wheel on Sunday the 17th? I personally haven't wheeled Eagle, but would very much like to. I'd like to camp that Saturday and wheel on Sunday.

Any interest? If there is, I'll get it in events.

Views: 1230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there semi remote camping in the area, other than down the trail, that wouldn't be filled with condo-campers where we can have a base camp?

I don't think so. I think if you want a remote site, you would have to wheel in a ways.

Hey Cha - talk to Jerry Lee about where they camped last year on the PRS camping trip (tacoma world). It was a nice spot but did involve some water crossing (not as much snow pack this year so maybe not too bad) - about a mile in on the trail and then to the left - takes you down to the river and that's where they camped. (didn't you go on that run?)

If the trailhead campsite is prone to RVs I would much rather camp a little bit into the trail.

I did but did not camp. I kinda know where its at. You come to a fork and go left, I think. I am not camping tho.

Does anyone have any more info on this?  Im definitely camping, I am also aiming to head up on Friday night.  But Ive never been there and the only info I know is head left at the fork and that should take me to the river?

ha!  Thats funny I just went over to tacoworld and found that link!  Thanks for the post, it will be very helpful for those of us who havent been there before.

I never camped there before. Once you get to the trailhead, there will a trail slightly to the left ( goes straight into the woods) which is Eagle Lakes and another trail that veers right which will be Signal Peak. Go slightly left and follow trail for about 1/2 to 1 mile and you should come across a fork. Go left and follow trail until you find a suitable camping spot. I don't know how far you have to go to reach river. I think Aeon and Lance are camping as well. Should see what there plans are.

Yea it will be great to camp with some of the FJ guys.  I threw the invite out to a few other friends so I may be coming in a convoy.  3 tacos, a 4Runner and my FJ.
Ill have to wait and see on if they are available.

Since we will be up Friday that should make it easy for Aeon and Lance to find us.  We will be right beside the river for sure.

Anyone know if the fishing is good?

Hey, sounds great. Lets make this happen. :)
I'd like to camp that Saturday.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service